Have you ever been sent home from school?

Did you hear about the young lad that was sent home from school for his inappropriate outfit on National Book Day. He came dressed as Christian Grey complete with sharp suit and err cable ties.

Have you ever been sent home for school because of something you wore? Inappropriate new haircut, outfit, tattoo etc??

Did you hear about the young lad that was sent home from school for his inappropriate outfit on National Book Day. He came dressed as Christian Grey complete with sharp suit and err cable ties.

Have you ever been sent home for school because of something you wore? Inappropriate new haircut, outfit, tattoo etc??

Yes I heard about that eleven year old boy it was on the news a couple of days ago.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-31760713

His mother ( who would you believe is herself a school teacher) needs her head examining as you can see from that interview.

No I was never sent home from school, although as a teenager I was quite rebellious and resented rules and authority. Nothing to be ashamed of though its part of growing up.

His mother ( who would you believe is herself a school teacher) needs her head examining as you can see from that interview.

Maybe, but she has a point. James Bond as a character is a misogynistic killer typified. To be reprimanded by Darth Vader is hilarious.

Interesting that kids can dress up as murderers ala American Sniper!

What the eff is that all about

I mean really??

Interesting that kids can dress up as murderers ala American Sniper!

What the eff is that all about

I mean really??

Is the lead character a murderer? I thought that he was the one who was murdered?

Maybe, but she has a point. James Bond as a character is a misogynistic killer typified. To be reprimanded by Darth Vader is hilarious.
Yes she does have a point about those characters but that doesn't excuse her own irresponsibility.

Even if the child asked to go dressed as that character because he's heard all about the book and film with all the publicity its had, she shouldn't have allowed it. A boy of that age is too young to fully comprehend the nature of the man he was imitating and what it implied.

I really don't see how anyone could object to a James Bond roll model for kids, on the grounds that he's a killer.

How would that be any different to, say, a soldier? Isn't one form of government sanctioned killing much the same as any other?

Yes she does have a point about those characters but that doesn't excuse her own irresponsibility.

Even if the child asked to go dressed as that character because he's heard all about the book and film with all the publicity its had, she shouldn't have allowed it. A boy of that age is too young to fully comprehend the nature of the man he was imitating and what it implied.

Oh c'mon, It isn't about the book characters, it isn't about ties, it's about hypocrisy. A book theme day in the 80's would likely to have included 'Freddie' a sadistic child pervert. Like real life you have to determine fiction from non fiction...If you can't then all those games kids play will be the cause of future mayhem..they actualy may take over the world.

Christian Grey doesn't exist as doesn't the megalomaniac Darth Vader. Maybe the teacher didn't see the irony in that while scalding the kid.

Never got sent home but I was caned. Showing my age there!

Oh c'mon, It isn't about the book characters, it isn't about ties, it's about hypocrisy. A book theme day in the 80's would likely to have included 'Freddie' a sadistic child pervert. Like real life you have to determine fiction from non fiction...If you can't then all those games kids play will be the cause of future mayhem..they actualy may take over the world.

Christian Grey doesn't exist as doesn't the megalomaniac Darth Vader. Maybe the teacher didn't see the irony in that while scalding the kid.

Correct. Did anyone watch Son of Rambow? It passed me by but the plot of it clearly involved a small boy dressing up/acting as Rambo. Im fairly sure I was influenced by the likes of Rambo, well the influence of the media reports as a kid.

I used to get sent home all the time for wearing the wrong clothes and shoes. One year I decided to have my nose pierced and they sent me home for that!!

My mum had gotten really fed up of me being sent home all the time so she frog marched me down to school and she had a right go at the head teacher, she said my grades were the only important thing and the only time she wanted to see me sent home again is if I'd got a syringe full of heroin sticking out of my arm..

By the time I got into the 5th year they gave up on me and I basically wore what I wanted to.

I passed all my GCSE's with A-B's on every subject... Regardless of what I wore!

I used to get sent home all the time for wearing the wrong clothes and shoes. One year I decided to have my nose pierced and they sent me home for that!!

My mum had gotten really fed up of me being sent home all the time so she frog marched me down to school and she had a right go at the head teacher, she said my grades were the only important thing and the only time she wanted to see me sent home again is if I'd got a syringe full of heroin sticking out of my arm..

By the time I got into the 5th year they gave up on me and I basically wore what I wanted to.

I passed all my GCSE's with A-B's on every subject... Regardless of what I wore!

Did you ever get in the star with a picture of you with a dodgy hair cut and your mum stood next to you with an angry face?;);););)