Insulated conservatory roofs (internal type and exterior tiled ones)

Ok summer is approaching and we've been thinking about what to do with the conservatory. As most people will know it's ultra hot in summer! Reaching 45-50c in the day and freezing in the winter. Infact we've not even used it since last summer.

I've been looking into the exterior tiled roofs which look quite expensive. I'm now looking into the insulated hanging ceiling setups.

Has anyone got one of these setups and more importantly do they actually work?

I've read all the reviews I can see online but must are on various conservatory websites that do this kind of work. I'm after a unbiased opinion.

There are some threads already about this - it might be worth doing a search and looking at those. What are the 'insulated hanging ceiling setups'?

Can you provide a link? We have the exterior roof tiles to which you refer (Guardian) and it's super - it's made a usable, comfortable space which can be used all year round. Also reduced heating bills and no need for air conditioning.

I was under the impression that (in NEDDC) that you have to get planning permission to adapt the roof or building regs as you are making it a habitable extension. But i could easily be mistaken.

There was a company called Roof Revive doing a similar thing to this. According to this it went into administration. Looks like internal insulation, keeping the existing roof. Sounds like a good idea. I suppose it might be a problem if the roof sprung a leak though. Also, not sure about the gap between it and the roof - would there be condensation? Best to study it carefully and read up all you can. It will probably be cheaper than replacing the roof but it might not give the same lifespan. As for building regulations they are needed for a Guardian etc but I don't know about this system. You would need to telephone the planning people at the council to ask.