Rather irate first bus driver

I Do remember one on an 51 that was behaving rather mental but that was an exception to the lot.

I was travelling on the 51 route last week to Crosspool from town and I think if I was driving it I would be mental.....well more mental than I am now:hihi:

Edited by SYorksDeano

A genuine question if anyone can answer this apropos the phasing out of the counterparts -

How will this work on the trains - where the ticket machines aren't configured to read the travelmaster cards and the collectors rely on reading the printed part?

Thanks in advance.

I

The bus companys (be it first, stagecoach, tm etc.) use the bus stops with the permission of the SYPTE. They're allowed one stop per loading point (bus stop). This means as soon as the driver has opened the door, loaded his passengers and closed his doors again, he isn't officially allowed to open the doors until he reaches his next stop. If the SYPTE see him opening his doors at the same stop he is in breach of the contract between the bus company and the SYPTE, which could result in a fine for the bus company and more than likely result in a sacked bus driver.

This was how the ruling was explained to me when I was a steering wheel attendant...

Thanks for that.

Proof positive that the SYPTE operate with a limited amount of common sense!

What's a steering wheel attendant please? :confused:

Guest busdriver1
IF you are in a public place, your picture can be taken without permission (this includes in a bus)

Half correct, but a bus is not a public place in this definition. It is private property. If the photographer was outside the bus thats fine, but on it is not.

I'd have an issue with anyone trying to take my picture while on my bus, legal or not. However I would of given him my driver number so he would of had no need to .

Not sure about the passes now if they won't scan, just easier giving them benefit of doubt and let them on to save arguments

Thanks for that.

Proof positive that the SYPTE operate with a limited amount of common sense!

What's a steering wheel attendant please? :confused:

A bus driver:)

A bus driver:)

Hahahahahahaha! Good one...had me scratching my head. :blush:

Hope this particular steering wheel attendant doesn't come in for some coppit then since I e-mailed first to commend him and thank him.

dan 12, no person very reserved! bus driver yobbo!

A genuine question if anyone can answer this apropos the phasing out of the counterparts -

How will this work on the trains - where the ticket machines aren't configured to read the travelmaster cards and the collectors rely on reading the printed part?

Thanks in advance.

I

I would like to know this as I have had several machines not read my card correctly and there is no way to tell whether a smart card is valid/in date just by looking at it.

They (counterparts) are definitely being phased out it says so on buses.

Half correct, but a bus is not a public place in this definition. It is private property. If the photographer was outside the bus thats fine, but on it is not.

No it's still legal to take a photo on a bus as long as it's for personal reasons (in this case) and not for commercial reasons.

Although in this case the person was off the bus

---------- Post added 15-03-2015 at 22:18 ----------

I would like to know this as I have had several machines not read my card correctly and there is no way to tell whether a smart card is valid/in date just by looking at it.

They (counterparts) are definitely being phased out it says so on buses.

If it's out of date it says so, I used one that was out if date and it came up invalid (or something similar I think)

No it's still legal to take a photo on a bus as long as it's for personal reasons (in this case) and not for commercial reasons.

Although in this case the person was off the bus

---------- Post added 15-03-2015 at 22:18 ----------

If it's out of date it says so, I used one that was out if date and it came up invalid (or something similar I think)

There are no dates on the cards.

How are you supposed to use them

a) if the machine doesn't work - which has been known

b) on the trains

?