Rather irate first bus driver

The bus is private property with public access. Easy solution to reporting this is to take the bus number as someone says above, and the time. This can be linked to the driver that is logged onto this bus / route at that time.

I have had quite a few passes being refused by the machine lately, but that is a fault with the machine, nothing to do with the passes. The driver should have looked at the pass and counterpart, then he could have seen that the pass was fine, and let him travel. If it wasn't fine, 9 times out of 10 the passenger refuses to let the driver see, giving the driver cause for concern.

As for getting out of the cab, that's a no no, unless it's to lower the ramp, or an emergency. With the number of attacks on drivers lately, it's stated clearly at the depot not to leave the cab, but remain in and press the emergency button.

Wow I can't beleive how this changed ??? I was on this bus and I saw quite a different event! The pass holder wasn't prepared to listen to anything being sAid to him by the driver and was very stubborn,in my opinion he was under the influence of alcohol and quite arsey with the driver (because his team had lost ?) the driver explained clearly and offered to call management but it was falling on deaf ears I'm afraid,as for taking photos well I don't want people taking photos of me legal or illegally at least out in the street we can have a choice but not on a bus please !!!!! Bus drivers do a very difficult job with awkward people and circumstances and they are solely in charge of that vehicle and passenger saferry and its my guess the pass holder would have had difficulty with his pass previously and ought to change his pass for future problem free trAvel..

Well he seemed rather sober to me all all he asked for was the drivers number and when he wasn't given that he then attempted to take photo as for being arsey maybe he felt that having a valid pass and the reason given by the driver was not good enough as for ringing management what would that have done he had a pass valid for travel

as for the photo is Perfectly legal to take a photo of people whether you agree or not is not the issue

as for the pass issue it is usually the machine at fault rather than the card as I have had mine declined due to apparent card error only to try it on another bus and it have gone through

---------- Post added 08-03-2015 at 13:50 ----------

Since when? I renewed my pass on Monday and got the paper counterpart

From this week I read that the paper part will not be given at the kiosks

From this week I read that the paper part will not be given at the kiosks

Well that is certainly going to be interesting for the South Yorkshire version I buy that can be used on the trains.

I think it might be the paper tickets that are no longer available to purchase.

IF you are in a public place, your picture can be taken without permission (this includes in a bus)

Indeed. It always amazes me how many people don't realise this.

Assuming that the bus was a First bus you should report this yourself to the company giving as many details and description of the driver as possible so he can be traced. His response cannot be condoned under any circumstances and you would be doing every other bus user a service by making his employers aware.

I always report bad behaviour by drivers and I also report good behaviour too...as I did yesterday afternoon when a driver saw me running for the bus on Leopold Street and, despite having closed the doors, waited for me and then waited to drive off until I had taken my seat.

I have no idea why the practice of drivers wearing a PSV badge with their number on ceased and perhaps someone should consider bringing the badges back. In the future anyone wishing to report similar instances of poor service can always take the bus number which is displayed an the front of the vehicle.

Hope this helps.

An act of kindness that would have cost the driver his job had anyone from the SYPTE seen him....

An act of kindness that would have cost the driver his job had anyone from the SYPTE seen him....

Can you explain why please?

Because they have a new, stupid rule that once they have closed the doors they can't open them again. The driver in OPs case needs a lesson in customer service

Can you explain why please?

The bus companys (be it first, stagecoach, tm etc.) use the bus stops with the permission of the SYPTE. They're allowed one stop per loading point (bus stop). This means as soon as the driver has opened the door, loaded his passengers and closed his doors again, he isn't officially allowed to open the doors until he reaches his next stop. If the SYPTE see him opening his doors at the same stop he is in breach of the contract between the bus company and the SYPTE, which could result in a fine for the bus company and more than likely result in a sacked bus driver.

This was how the ruling was explained to me when I was a steering wheel attendant...

A rolled up Metro would've loosened the stubbornness from his cranium.

Have not seen many bad first drivers myself. |Do remember one on an 51 that was behaving rather mental but that was an exception to the lot.

Question this story, would like to hear the drivers side before starting stupid judging and drawing conclusions.

Edited by dutch