Thank you to the staff at the Hallamshire Hospital

The things is though, what is an absolute miracle, Ron, is that these nurses do an amazing job IN SPITE OF Cameron's hatchet job on the NHS.

And don't forget the hatchet job on the entire economy as well as the NHS done by the previous government.

Conservatives, and labour; I admit it is getting harder to see the joint.

Have had experience of both HH and NG and have no cause to fault either.

No thanks, no ID, no cash required. Turn up in need and get help. Universal health care is something for which we should be grateful and of which we can be proud. The universality is special - it doesn't matter how stupid you have been, how woefully unfortunate, how old or how poor. We live in a hugely anomalous place and time in this respect, and I for one am glad.

Ron - Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is an amazing organisation DISPITE the Consevative government. The management and staff do an amazing job inspite of the reduced investment and increased bureaucracy that the current government have imposed. We should be very proud of our local health provision but equally worried that another Conservative government may be too much for the hard working dedicated staff to overcome.

Coxy - Ron is just a tory troll, best ignored. Replies to them give them the attention they feed on.

Coxy - Ron is just a tory troll, best ignored. Replies to them give them the attention they feed on.

Yes Coxy. Best bury your head in the sand and blindly believe all the left wing rubbish you hear without it being challenged.

I like to give the balancing view of things, and shall continue to do so.

---------- Post added 08-03-2015 at 06:28 ----------

Ron - Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is an amazing organisation DISPITE the Consevative government. The management and staff do an amazing job inspite of the reduced investment and increased bureaucracy that the current government have imposed. We should be very proud of our local health provision but equally worried that another Conservative government may be too much for the hard working dedicated staff to overcome.

Do you have any evidence of reduced investment? - or do you mean spending? If so, do you have any evidence of a reduction.

This was meant to be a thread about getting excellent treatment in local hospitals. So why are there so many political arguments raised (yet again)

RonJeremy can't you start your own thread if you want to raise political issues?

Don't forget to thank the Conservatives for keeping the NHS running so well . . .

Indeed I do, for it was no other than Cameron himself that emtpied my bedpan and gave me my enema :nod:

I'm sure the cleaners and other members of staff at the Hallamshire on less than 28k who play a vital role in the NHS will be pleased to know they are a financial drain on the economy and do not contribute to the NHS.:rolleyes:

Every time someone praises nursing staff, there you are, hailing Cameron, we've come to expect it now. The things is though, what is an absolute miracle, Ron, is that these nurses do an amazing job IN SPITE OF Cameron's hatchet job on the NHS.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

---------- Post added 12-04-2015 at 22:01 ----------

Hi People,

On Wednesday I went into the Hallemshire Hospital for a total hip replacement and from the moment I arrived the staff were amazing. So I would like to take this moment to thank the Theatre Admission staff, the Theatre staff, The Recovery nurses, The staff on Ward F1, the Occupational Therapists and the Physio. Then not forgetting the staff in the kitchens as the food was very nice

I was actually discharged Thursday night as I was able to stand the morning before.

Edit: can an admin finish the threat title please as laptop messed up and it posted before I'd finished

It's always so good to hear praise and appreciation for NHS staff, regardless of what link in the chain they are! It's the team work that makes it work so well.

Wishing you a speedy recovery ?

Let's not leave out the poor old Northern Gen' - I had my appendix out there a year ago last March - my first ever op' was made stress free and almost enjoyable by all of the staff from witty and pleasant cleaners to the highly skilled and professional theater staff.

But - come now - the food really is the pits!! :D

I can't remember where I saw it, but if you earn under 28k pa you are a net financial drain on the economy and above that you are a contributor.

That's only financial of course: you may be a wonderful person of course besides.

---------- Post added 07-03-2015 at 14:40 ----------

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2215070/Are-contributor-burden-nations-finances--Squeezed-middle-increasingly-dependent-state.html

This is nearly what I was saying

You're a plonker.

Income tax is largely irrelevant for working out whether somebody is a net contributor to the state. Most taxes are now levied upon consumption.

A person working cash in hand who is an alcoholic is more likely to be a net contributor than the average worker - many workers are now subsidised by the state and receive more in tax credits and other benefits that they pay in taxes...

---------- Post added 13-04-2015 at 02:22 ----------

I had to stay in the RHH for a few days the other week and will be going back soon. All the staff were brilliant and I'll be taking them a card and some chocolates to say thanks.

I can't remember where I saw it, but if you earn under 28k pa you are a net financial drain on the economy and above that you are a contributor.

I thought it was common knowledge that the top earning 20% pay less tax than the poorest 20% - but you clearly know better.

If you must hi-jack perfectly innocent and good natured posts please try to do it when you're not p*ssed out of your tiny - are you really saying that people earning under £500 per week are a drain on the economy and therefore on society?

Just what you hope to achieve - other than upset and distress - by spouting such utter cak - I really don't know but if you're an example of the Tory rank and file - you 'aint doing your pretentious liar of a leader any good at all.

I thought it was common knowledge that the top earning 20% pay less tax than the poorest 20% - but you clearly know better.

If you must hi-jack perfectly innocent and good natured posts please try to do it when you're not p*ssed out of your tiny - are you really saying that people earning under £500 per week are a drain on the economy and therefore on society?

Just what you hope to achieve - other than upset and distress - by spouting such utter cak - I really don't know but if you're an example of the Tory rank and file - you 'aint doing your pretentious liar of a leader any good at all.

Common knowledge? What an utterly ridiculous statement.

The rest is just insults...

---------- Post added 16-04-2015 at 20:57 ----------

You're a plonker.

Income tax is largely irrelevant for working out whether somebody is a net contributor to the state. Most taxes are now levied upon consumption.

A person working cash in hand who is an alcoholic is more likely to be a net contributor than the average worker - many workers are now subsidised by the state and receive more in tax credits and other benefits that they pay in taxes...

---------- Post added 13-04-2015 at 02:22 ----------

I had to stay in the RHH for a few days the other week and will be going back soon. All the staff were brilliant and I'll be taking them a card and some chocolates to say thanks.

Ha ha more insults.

Good luck with your treatments however. I hope the staff look after you and that the funding to the NHS continues to be as effective as his obviously has been recently.