Labour - conservative coalition?

Labour could get into bed with garden party anything as long as the Tories take a long walk..and take UKIP with them

Former Tory Lord Baker of Dorking says a Conservative- Labour coalition may be needed to save the SNP holding the balance of power. Does anyone think such a coalition could work?

Listening to the debate tonight I can't see how Labour could possibly enter into coalition with the SNP. Labour have far more in common with the Tories than they have with the other parties, especially the SNP.

---------- Post added 16-04-2015 at 21:35 ----------

Labour could get into bed with garden party anything as long as the Tories take a long walk..and take UKIP with them

But Labour and Tory policies are significantly closer to each others than Labour and SNP policies.

It is quite simple really.

If you want the SNP running the country then vote labour.

If you want this country to get more securely back on its feet and be better placed to resist falling back into the financial situation an unrepentent labour left us in last time they were in then vote TACTICALLY.

I have always spoiled my paper in the past.

This time however I will be voting for the lib-dems unless of course Ukip show themselves more popular where I hae to vote. I don't really want the lib-dems to run anything but I feel much more strongly about trying to deny labour, with or without the snp, any power at all.

It is up to others to decide which party in their constituency is most likely to beat labour even if it means voting for an independent or even the greens.

Edited by Tommo68

Instead of tactical, have you ever thought of voting for the party closest to your own aspirations......

Its just a thought you may want to consider

It is quite simple really.

If you want the SNP running the country then vote labour.

If you want this country to get more securely back on its feet and be better placed to resist falling back into the financial situation an unrepentent labour left us in last time they were in then vote TACTICALLY.

I have always spoiled my paper in the past.

This time however I will be voting for the lib-dems unless of course Ukip show themselves more popular where I hae to vote. I don't really want the lib-dems to run anything but I feel much more strongly about trying to deny labour, with or without the snp, any power at all.

It is up to others to decide which party in their constituency is most likely to beat labour even if it means voting for an independent or even the greens.

2014: David Cameron: " Scotland is a cherished part of the UK ! they are very much a part of us , as we are a part of them , we are better together "

2015: David Cameron: " Scotland having any sway in our parliament would be a disaster for this country "

What a difference seven months and a election makes! Again, Cameron would be all for the SNP if they formed a coalition to get them over the winning post. He can't have it both ways.

Pretty much everybody. The chances of any party's policies aligning with your views exactly are minimal. Even if you wholeheartedly agree with 99% of their policies, there's still the 1% you'd disagree with. e.g. What do you think of UKIP backing a ban on slaughter without pre-stunning?

Yes i like this idea, unfortunately Nigel contradicts himself along these lines by being totally in favour of reintroducing hunting with dogs.

Yes i like this idea, unfortunately Nigel contradicts himself along these lines by being totally in favour of reintroducing hunting with dogs.

That's the problem with populist parties that try to appeal to everyone - different people want conflicting things. That 'Meet the Kippers' programme had a UKIP candidate attending an anti-live animal exports[1] rally. He was surprised when the anti-live export protesters berated him over UKIP's policy on hunting with dogs.

[1] Another UKIP policy.

NO he isn't! What they are proposing (UKIP, not Farage!), is local referendums to let local people decide.

:)

NO he isn't! What they are proposing (UKIP, not Farage!), is local referendums to let local people decide.

:)

The UKIP leader, who visited the Old Surrey Burstow and West Kent Hunt on Boxing Day, said: “If I were in the House of Commons and there was a vote on repeal tomorrow, would I vote for it? Yes – on libertarian grounds.”

So HE is in favour of lifting the ban - as i said.