This Matter of Faith - a novel

Evening all,

So it's been a year or two since I last posted much on SF in any guise other than desperately seeking bandmates... During that time, I have been working on the writing, and This Matter of Faith is finished(ish).

To that end, I've started to put together a website and signed up for various things like a Facebook page and Twitter. This is of course in addition to hawking my wares to various agents and a few small publishers.

So with all of that said, let me introduce to you:

my website!

Or perhaps you might like to

follow developments on Twitter

Some of this is a shameless attempt to generate publicity, of course, but it is also my way of seeking a bit of feedback from the writing forum community on a project that has been ongoing for years now. The first three chapters of This Matter are available on the website, as is the first chapter of the second 'book'.

Let me know what you think - especially about the website - all feedback welcome.

Andy

I started to read your novel and found myself being drawn in to something i would never consider reading .However i could'nt manager more than a few pages as the text was ripping my eyes out which was a shame as i was really

enjoying it. I hope you get published hardback, good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I do appreciate any feedback and I'm obviously delighted to get anything positive.

Question about your comment: when you mention the text, do you have in mind the font of that particular file? Or is it reading on screens in general that makes it difficult? The second I can't really help with, but the first I can do something about.

It's quite easy to provide things in different formats (would a PDF in Arial or some other sans serif font help?) and the website will accommodate it.

Anyway, cheers!

Andy

I have a problem with white text on a black background - after about 30 seconds it makes my eyes hurt and if I look away I see black horizontal strips. Many websites have this layout - I could never read the text on MyLesPaul for example (probably a good thing anyway). Historical novels are not my thing (unless it was satirical !). Best of luck with it.

Edited by csd1

Thanks for the reply. I do appreciate any feedback and I'm obviously delighted to get anything positive.

Question about your comment: when you mention the text, do you have in mind the font of that particular file? Or is it reading on screens in general that makes it difficult? The second I can't really help with, but the first I can do something about.

It's quite easy to provide things in different formats (would a PDF in Arial or some other sans serif font help?) and the website will accommodate it.

Anyway, cheers!

Andy

It was just that particular text,not good for my eyes, lol.I found this link on the forum it has a lot of good information and advise from people who have gone into e publishing well worth a look ..http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1010947

This Matter of Faith is out on Kindle.

I'm working on an alternate (easier-reading) font version this week.

Andy

---------- Post added 29-05-2015 at 13:23 ----------

This Matter of Faith is now out in paperback for the princely sum of £6.66. That was my attempt to take VAT into account which failed spectacularly, because books (get this) don't attract VAT.

Which means that TMoF is quite literally an essential purchase.

Look out for it in local shops in the summer.

Congrats, De Batz. I look forward to reading it :thumbsup:

Hi De Batz,

I've read your novel.

I take my hat off to anyone who has the patience and commitment to write a novel (not me, though maybe one day). It's quite an achievement and you have good reason to feel proud. In my opinion it's a competent piece of work. So many times, these days, I can't finish a book, but not only did I finish yours, I enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

I remember when you first started out on the project several years ago (here) and I wondered if you could give any feedback on how you have found the process of writing and self-publishing the novel?

And, going beyond the personal achievement, are you making anything from it? :partyhat: