Greystock Road/ Sutherland Street, Attercliffe.

My father ( 76 years old) still calls spam and other similar "chopped pork and ham" type meats/ luncheon meat "Prem".

Well I think you will have a job on your hands getting him to change now P.T.:hihi: :hihi:

Well I think you will have a job on your hands getting him to change now P.T.:hihi: :hihi:

That's true. He will never change!

Sorry Rossyrooney . But Tommy France had that pub Plumpers he use to work at Swift levicks . And Mark Higginbottom took the pub over after Tommy France and his wife BETTY . Mark Higginbottom eventually got a liquor.liccence then he move to a pub at Woodseats . I don't know who took over plumpers after that.I used to work at Spear and Jacksons in Melting shop with all the nut cases it was home from home . Good work mates like family Bless them all .

---------- Post added 09-03-2015 at 21:05 ----------

Ive just remembered it was Brain Briggs took over from Tommy France . he left to start his own business doing snooker tables and Mark took over after .

Sorry Rossyrooney . But Tommy France had that pub Plumpers he use to work at Swift levicks . And Mark Higginbottom took the pub over after Tommy France and his wife BETTY . Mark Higginbottom eventually got a liquor.liccence then he move to a pub at Woodseats . I don't know who took over plumpers after that.I used to work at Spear and Jacksons in Melting shop with all the nut cases it was home from home . Good work mates like family Bless them all .

Ive just remembered it was Brain Briggs took over from Tommy France . he left to start his own business doing snooker tables and Mark took over after .

I was at Spears 1958 to 1969 in lab and melting shop.

The melters were Arthur Hilbert, Frank Huteson and Billy Bradley. Ken Marsden was Melting Manager. If you remember them you may know me.

The last I heard of Mark was that he had taken the Cobblers at Pontefract

Ive just remembered it was BriggsBrain took over from Tommy France . he left to start his own business doing snooker tables and Mark took over after .

His parents had the pub on the corner of Greystock street, whos name I forget.It was next door to the sandwich shop.Just remembered,was it the Lord Nelson?

Edited by Kidorry
Added text.

ah the Lord Nelson the second home of my family,opposite was mrs Bye's shop.

High Tonnio I started as labourer and then went to pitman and ended up as ladleman Sam French trained me I was on Frank Hutesons set .With Ronnie Drihusrst you will remember crooner . Jake was my was my brother in law second hand to little Arther Brians farther did have LOrd Nelson Mark and Pat took Chantry over at woodseats but I heard Mark died of heart attack had some good times there a good set of blokes .

High Tonnio I started as labourer and then went to pitman and ended up as ladleman Sam French trained me I was on Frank Hutesons set .With Ronnie Drihusrst you will remember crooner . Jake was my was my brother in law second hand to little Arther Brians farther did have LOrd Nelson Mark and Pat took Chantry over at woodseats but I heard Mark died of heart attack had some good times there a good set of blokes .

Send me your email address and I will send you some pictures that I took in the 60's. I remember all your old work mates very well.

T

HI Tonio Ive sent you a private message I hope you got it

Hi

I'm new to the group but would you be happy for me to possibly use the picture of the pubs in a book I am working on about pubs in Sheffield? If you are able to scan this it would be much appreciated. I'd be interested in any other info that you have on this pub/ picture and i'd be happy to receive any info via here or by my email - [email protected] . I will ensure that a picture credit is included if the photo is used in the publication.

Thanks

Jamie

---------- Post added 15-02-2016 at 18:38 ----------

Can anyone verify/ provide any more info on the Fred Truman story? I've seen passing reference to it but have also seen that the cricket ball shut in the 30s? Anyone have anything more info on Fred's crash?!

I have been reminiscing with my older sister and we couldn't remember the name of the butchers on the corner of Sutherland Road I just knew that there would be a thread somewhere on SF that would help and sure enough here it is, it was Peels Butchers, they had a large Chow dog, as a child I was fascinated by its purple tongue, i still can't remember the shop next door that my mom used to send me to for tall necked milk.

Edited by rainbow2411