Derek Dooley Legend.

Seven years today we lost a proper Sheffield legend,despite what some buggers say :)I'm actually not old enough to have seen the great man play , but obviously have been brought up listening to the story's of his goal scoring achievements.What he could have achieved if not for that terrible tragedy god only knows, but no one will ever come close to having the equal respect from both sides of the city.RIP Derek.

Nice thread.

R.I.P. Derek ... Sheffields footballing legend and a lovely man too.

Legend

(10 characters)

Seven years today we lost a proper Sheffield legend,despite what some buggers say :)I'm actually not old enough to have seen the great man play , but obviously have been brought up listening to the story's of his goal scoring achievements.What he could have achieved if not for that terrible tragedy god only knows, but no one will ever come close to having the equal respect from both sides of the city.RIP Derek.

Like you said m8 loved by both sides of the city.

Yer right not old enough.:hihi:

But yes a true sheffield Legend RIP Mr Derek Dooley :clap:

In the era where "legend" is banded about too easily.... I think Derek Dooley thoroughly deserves every accolade going....63 goals in 60 odd games ... Then to lose a leg and get sacked as manager on Christmas Eve.... if that wasn't bad enough...he spent his later years at Bramall Lane...!!!

It says a lot about him that he has a statue at the Lane... surprised Wednesday never did something similar at Hillsborough..

RIP Derek Dooley:clap:

Blue or Red they will never be another Derek Dooley. R.I.P

Very nice thing to do Gazza - RIP DD.

As a 6 year old in 1952 I saw Derek Dooley play but unfortunately I was too young to remember much about it.

RIP Derek Dooley.

Guest sibon
Legend

Seconded.

(10 characters)

Try .......... and colour them white. Much neater:)

The best way to describe Derek would be "one of the lads" that's just what he was when he was in you're company, a man at ease being just one of the lads.

Will never forget when he returned to hillsborough for the Sheffield derby the entire crowd rose to give him a standing ovation very moving moment would love to have seen him play.