Moving To Sheffield

Hello All

First post on this forum

I am planning to move to Sheffield in the near future.

I am looking to rent a two bedroom house within walking distance to the city centre; parking outside the property is important to me.

What areas should I be looking at/seeking to avoid?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Avoid Page Hall,Pitsmoor.

Look for Spital Hill,nice area within walking distance to city centre

Pitsmoor looks to be an apt name then.

Up to £600 but I'm not conversant with the Sheffield rental market

Cheers

Within walking distance... I'd suggest Sharrow/ Netheredge (S7/ S11), Heeley (S2) but if you would consider a short bus ride on a frequent/ cheap service Crookes, Walkley or Millhouses.

Many thanks for your suggestions!

Property with parking that close to the city centre obviously attracts a premium on the rental market.

The Tram system in the city is really good, so you can live a little further out but not be inconvenienced at all by it.

Places like Hillsborough are nice to live in, have a decent tram service and cheaper rental prices than the city centre.

Property with parking that close to the city centre obviously attracts a premium on the rental market.

The Tram system in the city is really good, so you can live a little further out but not be inconvenienced at all by it.

Places like Hillsborough are nice to live in, have a decent tram service and cheaper rental prices than the city centre.

I agree. However, you'd be hard pushed to find somewhere with parking (same goes for Crookes and Walkley, Netheredge to some extent). Not impossible, but these are suburbs made up of largely Victorian terraces, so parking isn't common. Nice places to live though.

Also, some parts of Hillsborough are covered by a residents' permit parking scheme, so watch out for that. There are similar schemes in Broomhill and Ecclesall Road areas, as well as nearer the city centre.

Edited by Olive

Again, thank you for all your advice, which I am looking into as I write.

Also, some parts of Hillsborough are covered by a residents' permit parking scheme, so watch out for that. There are similar schemes in Broomhill and Ecclesall Road areas, as well as nearer the city centre.

Yea, but if you become a resident I assume you get your own permit + a visitors one??