Bramall lane BP petrol station

I wonder what the tanks are worth for scrap. I can't imagine they are going back in the ground. Reminds me of a pub I used to drink in at the top of Devonshire Green, The Ship? Had a drink in there and went back two days later to see it had been flattened.

Hornblower?

Reminds me of a pub I used to drink in at the top of Devonshire Green, The Ship? Had a drink in there and went back two days later to see it had been flattened.

The Hornblower?

The Raven as was, I think...

They are building a new BP station there -apparently it is going to be "Bigger, Brighter, Better" and will be ready for June.

Just to be pedantic, it is BRAMALL LANE. One sure way to upset Blades is to spell the name of their ground incorrectly!

They are building a new BP station there -apparently it is going to be "Bigger, Brighter, Better" and will be ready for June.

Just to be pedantic, it is BRAMALL LANE. One sure way to upset Blades is to spell the name of their ground incorrectly!

Or "Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane" to give it its Sunday name.

The filling station on Bramall Lane has been demolished. We have heard various reports that there is going to be another filling station, a medical centre and something to do with the Chinese Quarter built on the land. Anyone know? I can't find anything on Google.

Anyone know? I can't find anything on Google.

All the Details are on the council planning website here:

http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?previousCaseUprn=100052089546&previousCaseType=Property&previousKeyVal=0053F6NYLI000&activeTab=summary&previousCaseNumber=004UYXNYBU000&keyVal=N9GS5SNY0JI00

Demolition of existing petrol filling station and associated buildings and structures. Erection of single-storey building for use as petrol filling station with a retail shop (A1 use) and a coffee shop (A1/A3 use), erection of a new canopy, car wash, jet wash bays and associated car parking, ATM machine, flood lights and replacement of underground storage tank

It was also one of the few petrol stations with LPG.

Yea looks like the options are limited for LPG.

Texaco in Tinsley and supposedly a Shell in Handsworth??

They might re-install the LPG when they re-build the garage tho??

Ha ha, it's called banner mate, chill out. oh how it must be a bundle of laughs in your household.

I'm up for a bit of banner come on all get the flags out. :hihi:

Sorry just having a bit of banter with you.

Yea looks like the options are limited for LPG.

Texaco in Tinsley and supposedly a Shell in Handsworth??

They might re-install the LPG when they re-build the garage tho??

managed to get some in handsworth but not great if you have to do a 12 mile round trip just to get lpg ! hopefully they have lpg at the new garage or atleast move it to meadowhead!