Headphones instead of earbuds?

Hi, I've always used ear buds but fed up of them falling out, need some advice on headphones. I need them for my smart phone and IPad been looking on Amazon but they're either dirt cheap or out of my range money wise...where's the best place to buy them Don't want anything too technical as I'm an oldie ?

There are ear buds which fit inside the ear canal instead of this round ones that look like smarties and keep falling out of my ears.

The ones I use are Senheiser which cost me about £40.

They came with rubber covers which alter the size to fit your ear canal.

Just out of interest, what headphones are you using now? I've never had earbuds fall out, but all the ones I've ever bought have come with different size buds to suit different ears.

I've got some Sennheiser CX earbuds and they don't fall out even when I'm jogging.

Guest sibon

Tesco do some in ear phones for a fiver. They sound OK and don't fall out because they have foamy bits stuck onto them..

Failing that, AKG do some lovely headphones for a very reasonable price. Available from Richer Sounds amongst other places.

Edited by sibon

Hi, I've always used ear buds but fed up of them falling out, need some advice on headphones. I need them for my smart phone and IPad been looking on Amazon but they're either dirt cheap or out of my range money wise...where's the best place to buy them Don't want anything too technical as I'm an oldie ?

Just recently found myself in a similar boat as you, I've been considering these

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=house+of+marley+exodus+headphones&safe=active&espv=2&biw=853&bih=423&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=CTX2VOK8L8nwasDTgMgJ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

price is about £35 and seem to have decent reviews.

I bought some Sony headphones at John Lewis six years ago, good but not spectacular sound quality for 30£ sound happens to be one thing Sony still does well!

Failing that, AKG do some lovely headphones for a very reasonable price. Available from Richer Sounds amongst other places.

Another vote for AKG, they make some awesome headphones.

The K451's fold up flat, making them very portable.

Don't forget to avoid places like eBay, as often the crap on there is fake as fake can be.

Sennheiser ear-buds especially are nearly all fakes on eBay.

Thank you for your replies, going to look at better ear buds first:)

Holy cow, how much do you people pay for earphones?!

£30, £35 and even £40?!

I get mine from Sheffield's favourite discount store (The Land of Pound)

I use these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00005N6KG

They work a treat :)

There are ear buds which fit inside the ear canal instead of this round ones that look like smarties and keep falling out of my ears.

The ones I use are Senheiser which cost me about £40.

They came with rubber covers which alter the size to fit your ear canal.

Same here, good fit and great sound quality.

It's like anything else, you get what you pay for. i use Bose earbuds which cost £85 but the sound is superb.