Anyone called Manterfield?

There was a Mr & Mrs Manterfield that owned the greengrocers on Hatfield house lane in the 60s/70s. I don't know where they lived though possibly above the shop.

There use to be a Les Manterfield at Sheffield Twist Drill in the 60's

On 03/03/2015 at 10:58, GOLDEN OLDIE said:

My father Ernest Morton who died in the late 1950s had a friend called Manterfield. I don't remember his first name. Are there any Manterfields out there who remembers their father or grandfather having a friend of that name? He may have lived in the Shiregreen area.

I've just stumbled across this today during a random search on google of my dads name. My dad and parents lived in the Shiregreen area, Peter Manterfield ( my dad ) and Grand Parents George and Gladys. They owned a  fruit and veg store on Hatfield House Lane. 

Thanks to everyone who replied to my query. Think my fathers friend could have been George Manterfield who oned the fruit and veg shop. However, there is no one left to ask now and I don't know how they would have known each other! As I replied to Andy Manterfield, grandson of George, men didn't do much shopping in the 50s! so it as possibly through some other source!!!!

During the time I was at Nether Green School, 1960 - 64,  a Mr Manterfield was the Head Teacher, a very nice mild little man, everybody liked him.