Anyone called Manterfield?

There is a david manterfield on the Facebook group pitsmoorians of the past

My OH used to see her almost every month but she hasn't been around this year, I used to work with her daughter Michelle.

Michelle couldn't remember her name thanks for jogging my memory

Hi --Yes the jean Manterfield I mentioned before is the wife of the late Dennis & her son was Martin. As I said before havnt seen her around for 2-3 months but not heard that anything happened to her. Even tho in her 80's she still likes to get up & dance when singers on in The Park & drinks pints of lager, always looks very smart & glamorous.

Was at school with Lyn Manterfield .... think her sister is on the forum.

There is a David Manterfield on the Darnall and Attercliffe forum

Was at school with Lyn Manterfield .... think her sister is on the forum.

No, she has no sister, but her aunt and cousins are on here.

Dennis Manterfield was married to Jean&had a son named Martin who sadly died a good few years ago&a daughter Michelle, Dennis also died a few years ago, i have not seen Jean around for a while or Michelle. I was in the same class as Martin at school&knew Dennis very well as he was a sheetmetal worker at Wilson Brothers for many years & was a very good friend to my gaffer when i was an apprentice sheetmetal worker Dick Smith&i used to see Dennis regularly around the pubs in Pitsmoor that is when there were plenty of pubs there!

Dennis Manterfield was married to Jean&had a son named Martin who sadly died a good few years ago&a daughter Michelle, Dennis also died a few years ago, i have not seen Jean around for a while or Michelle. I was in the same class as Martin at school&knew Dennis very well as he was a sheetmetal worker at Wilson Brothers for many years & was a very good friend to my gaffer when i was an apprentice sheetmetal worker Dick Smith&i used to see Dennis regularly around the pubs in Pitsmoor that is when there were plenty of pubs there!

Dennis was a brilliant sheet metal worker. Remember when my car failed its MOT because the sills had gone. Bring it down to where I work he says. Took it down one Saturday morning. About an hour later picks it up with brand new sills in place.

Bet his children don't read Sheffield Forum!!!! Thanks!!!!

They obviously don't, or they'd have been in touch, but you could look them up on FreeBMD site and then ask on the Shiregreen thread maybe? I haven't put their names on here 'cos I'm not sure it's legal to do so when they're still alive and I don't know them to ask their perrmission. As their father, and probably their grandparents lived in the right area, I assumed they were the most likely to know if their dad knew your dad.

Anyway, sorry if they're not who you're looking for, but I enjoy a mystery and this one passed a pleasant hour or so for me.

Dennis was a brilliant sheet metal worker. Remember when my car failed its MOT because the sills had gone. Bring it down to where I work he says. Took it down one Saturday morning. About an hour later picks it up with brand new sills in place.

That was true darra he was one of the finest in Sheffield along with the guy i was an apprentice to , Dick Smith&there was a bit of friendly rivalry between them about who was the best! Saturday mornings at Wilsons was a time for people to get thier fiddle jobs done on their cars for sure, the foreman down there Alan Croft i think it was, not 100% sure about his surname though but it was deffo Alan was also a decent guy. I worked just around the corner from them at Torpedo ventilating as an apprentice sheetmetal worker so i knew them quite well.

There is a david manterfield on the Facebook group pitsmoorians of the past

David is not related to the Manterfields from Andover Drive.

A Mr and Mrs Manterfield lived next door but one to us in the late 60s on Follett Road Shiregreen, which cuts off Homestead Rd. They were middle aged then .