Someone smashed my car window

The police will be able to follow them, ive tracked their route so far.. flyers going up all over town today too, left an email the guy can contact me on 'otherwise i will persue the case'. Also, going to contact the star see if they can help. Try and scare him out.

It's pretty bad the police are refusing to attend the scene.

Especially as they culprit left a note - surely the police can pull prints from the note, the spoiler or somewhere else on the car.

The police will be able to follow them, ive tracked their route so far.. flyers going up all over town today too, left an email the guy can contact me on 'otherwise i will persue the case'. Also, going to contact the star see if they can help. Try and scare him out.

Cant stuff like facebook be good for things like this? Get a page going and see if that helps. On another note if you end up footing the bill i can put you in touch with a very good and very reasonably priced bloke who will have your car looking as good as new :thumbsup:

I only have 20 friends on facebook i try and stay off it as i like to be under the radar. Ive found a boot like in grimsby ill pick up 40 quid. Its cheaper than a new window. Thanks very much anyway

---------- Post added 02-03-2015 at 12:05 ----------

He didnt leave a note sorry i think that was a typo. Sorry

No worries. I hope you get it sorted. Theres not many things worse than screwing with another mans car. I love mine and id be really gutted if this happened. Ive got my fingers crossed you get a good result.

Keep your eyes peeled on the star website for the cctv and the paper for this pics, this is war! And thanks. Its worse that i do all the work on it myself, so i make sure everything is right.. ive just got it all up to scratch last week after months

I'm hoping someone can help (although it's a long shot).

Last night (saturday/ sunday) my car was parked on Trafalgar Street overnight as it always is. This morning I went to my car to find my offside wing mirror hanging off, footprints up my bonnet, over my roof and off the back, my spoiler (standard feature by the way) where my window should have been, and my rear window all over the floor in pieces.

Some disrespectful lowlife has obviously found enjoyment in damaging my property and now had the balls to even leave a note to say sorry; I work hard for my money and look after the things I own.

I took pictures and called the police but they wouldn't send anyone out. There is one CCTV camera I can see, but its round so i cannot tell whether it watches over my car or not. The police have said they will assign an officer to investigate but I already know they don't care; I've dealt with them before when my bike wad stolen.

DID ANYBODY ON HERE SEE THIS HAPPEN?

My car was in a roadside parking bay owned by the council, fo they hold any responsibility over my car in their space?

Is there anything I can do myself?

I'm going to try to obtain CCTV footage myself to see if anything was captured.

I am so angry that someone can be so disrespectful; i live well within the law and i keep myself to myself and i consider myself to be a decent human being.

For the record my car is a blue citroen saxo...

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Mindless vandalism, possibly drink fuelled.

It's pretty bad the police are refusing to attend the scene.

Especially as they culprit left a note - surely the police can pull prints from the note, the spoiler or somewhere else on the car.

I don't think it is a case of refusing to attend, it is all about prioritising crimes with the amount of officers available.

It is a sad situation when a victim has to investigate their own crime.

These government cuts are for real people, wake up and smell the coffee, listen to what is being said by the Federation, as the government like to paper over it.

Watch the vid http://www.lessmeansless.co.uk

It's a shame it wasn't this guy.

jb

Keep your eyes peeled on the star website for the cctv and the paper for this pics, this is war! And thanks. Its worse that i do all the work on it myself, so i make sure everything is right.. ive just got it all up to scratch last week after months

Good on you for getting out there in the Star. Just a shame the cctv is too far away to get any I.D. of them. Good luck.

I hope the one's that did it have the same thing done to their car or belonging one day. Karma.

Thanks. Will just have to see what comes of it. I can't let it drip yet, i'm fighting it for the underdogs. Someone was kind enough to get in touch on another forum I use (saxperience) and donate a free window; so now its just fitting costs.

They would not have done that to your car in the Isle of man a few years ago. They used to birch thugs & vandals. One guy got it for graffity! I don`t know if they still do it, I think they ceased. If they have, I`ll bet there has been an increase in their crime figures.

my parents live on the IOM (i did too for around 8 years - left in 2008 ) - from what i can gather they still impose strict punishment for crime.

Its not unheard of for someone to be given the boot off the island (if they were not born there) when a crime has been committed (and it can be something as small as being Drunk & Disorderly ). I would assume if someone gets booted off for being D &D though they must have been known to the police already.

They have a strict work permit system on the island so even if the offender did try to come back - (unless they were working illegally) - any work permit and benefit claims would be denied.