It did not take much to keep us occupied as kids 70 years ago

That's right Jim, thank goodness there were very few cars, or that would have spoiled things.

I vaguely remember playing film stars. I think there was more to it than just guessing the name though. Didn't it involve one person standing on one side of the street and the rest on the other and then dashing across the road if you got it right? If you got there before the person asking the question crossed in the other direction then it was your turn to ask the questions.

Was that it or did I dream it?

You couldn't beat the excitement of an old tin tray and going full pelt down 'back edge'

What about catching Bees by sliding a match box closed on them and then trying to put them in a jam jar, now that was dangerous!!!

Don`t forget the old finger thumb or a rusty bum game.

Don`t forget the old finger thumb or a rusty bum game.

used to play this with the scouts on catch bar lane . would'nt be allowed today (health n safety) bar humbug

anyone remember dogs chasing cars in the 50s

Edited by rhodesian11

British bulldog and playing stretch with your mams bread knife. god i got a clout for that

We played marbles for hours on a roadside verge before the war. Cowboy & Indians were our imagined other selves.

WE found out that most gates fitted the same fixings on the same type of stone pillars, we swapped gat put gates were there hadn't been one.

We also found that a round packet of caps went off louder than a firework banger if you stamped on them, especially in the passage between terraced houses.

Remember when the high light of the week was a trip to the flicks and galloping round the street using your coat as a cloak ?

Well I did anyway....:loopy:

Can you remember the Phantom Raspberry Blower of old Sheffield town?

Remember when the high light of the week was a trip to the flicks and galloping round the street using your coat as a cloak ?

Well I did anyway....:loopy:

i still do:thumbsup: