Work ethics and todays youth

I do not wear a hat and yes I do a random guess as do every poll that's been conducted. Based on fiction/nonfiction guesses and social media polls. I unfortunately cannot give you precise figures as I and the political parties have NOT asked every living person in Sheffield.

So I will hold on to the perception that I am right based on what I witness.

Thanks for your input though.

So in other words you resent young people, don't know any, are making stuff up based on what you want to believe and can't prove anything and are mindlessly ranting but are at least admitting it.

Good to know

I'm an employer and its a nightmare employing people...to start with you have to get the right person for the job and that is something after years of interviewing all kinds of people I seldom pick the right person,its not easy trying to keep someone happy in a job no matter what you do they always want more..if you set a young person on some of them are unreliable and bad time keepers and damaging things costing you money,older people seem to be stuck in their ways and lack physical endurance to do the hours some jobs demand,when I do find the right person I try to look after them and pay them as much as I can for the job.I've had some good lads working for me in the past,I think it depends on what you call young to me a younger worker is sort of 25-35 years old I think that is probably the best age to set someone on for what business I do,one thing that holds me back from employing a younger person on is the cost of insurance for them to drive,and a lot of the younger people seem to have no manners or poor social skills and dress like boyz in the hood,I don't know what influences them but they are certainly not very good role models they take on,what is needed for school leavers is apprenticeships learning a trade that will set them up for life.

Edited by Lobos

I'm an employer and its a nightmare employing people...to start with you have to get the right person for the job and that is something after years of interviewing all kinds of people I seldom pick the right person,its not easy trying to keep someone happy in a job no matter what you do they always want more..if you set a young person on some of them are unreliable and bad time keepers and damaging things costing you money,older people seem to be stuck in their ways and lack physical endurance to do the hours some jobs demand,when I do find the right person I try to look after them and pay them as much as I can for the job.I've had some good lads working for me in the past,I think it depends on what you call young to me a younger worker is sort of 25-35 years old I think that is probably the best age to set someone on for what business I do,one thing that holds me back from employing a younger person on is the cost of insurance for them to drive,and a lot of the younger people seem to have no manners or poor social skills and dress like boyz in the hood,I don't know what influences them but they are certainly not very good role models they take on,what is needed for school leavers is apprenticeships learning a trade that will set them up for life.

This is pretty much my experience too. Good staff are difficult to come by even though I do pay well. Thankfully I have a very low staff turnover- they hardly ever leave even when I wish some of them would (just kidding).

The over generous benefits system is a problem too for some employers.

You can't question the personal finances of the person interviewing you, and then expect to get the job, can you?

The position of the company. Not personal.

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 15:22 ----------

Recruitment is a nightmare. I agree. But its also hard to find the right company and boss.

The position of the company. Not personal.

Re-read what the poster said.

My most recent interviewer was sat across from me crying Poverty and he only takes home NMW, so that's all he can afford to pay his employee's.

But because I've done my research, I know he's sat on four and a half mill personally, and has other assets bring in money.

So what he's really doing is paying himself in dividends to avoid tax.

When you point this out to them, They get shirty and generally go red in the face, I've even had an interviewer Leave the room for ten mins.

Vast majority of interviews are like this for me, So because I use my intelligence I don't get the Job.

This appears to be a constant theme.

It seems clear that the poster is questioning the interviewers personal finances.

I question them when they plead poverty, when they are lying, yes, because I don't want to work for dishonest people, for some reason being dishonest is the only way for some to run a business, and maybe my Honesty put's them off. I certainly don't give financial advice or lecture them, I just call them out on it, and watch them stutter there way through the rest of the interview.

At the end of the day, they want to know as much about me as I do about them, and company's should not be afraid of this, after all, the investment is two ways.

With regards starting my own business, Plenty of ideas, just no financial backing is available.

Banks don't want to know, even with professional business plans in place.

Lots of Business start JCP Courses done, but they are just free Name/branding gathering exercise, fo the people that already have the backing, so you're already going in knowing it's going know where, although two Business names I came up with ended up on other peoples Companies, That are now closed.

This is pretty much my experience too. Good staff are difficult to come by even though I do pay well. Thankfully I have a very low staff turnover- they hardly ever leave even when I wish some of them would (just kidding).

The over generous benefits system is a problem too for some employers.

Problem with good staff is they will always push for more and they will never be short of offers. I think we just have to accept fluidity in the job market.

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 15:26 ----------

It seems clear that the poster is questioning the interviewers personal finances.

Ok, personal finances should stay out of it.

Asking questions like how far forward do you work? And what length contracts do you have? Is acceptable to build a

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 15:27 ----------

Financial picture.

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 15:28 ----------

Other thing is in the past people had a job for life, now its short term everything. And employers wonder why theres little loyalty.

Problem with good staff is they will always push for more and they will never be short of offers. I think we just have to accept fluidity in the job market.

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 15:26 ----------

Ok, personal finances should stay out of it.

Asking questions like how far forward do you work? And what length contracts do you have? Is acceptable to build a

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 15:27 ----------

Financial picture.

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 15:28 ----------

Other thing is in the past people had a job for life, now its short term everything. And employers wonder why theres little loyalty.

Nobody wants a job for life now do they? It's about maximum advancement and if you can't get that where you are you'll move.

I call shenanigans. Who has ever had an interview where they question the interviewers personal finances?

Nobody wants a job for life now do they? It's about maximum advancement and if you can't get that where you are you'll move.

Knowing where you are in 10 years is a strong incentive.

I call shenanigans. Who has ever had an interview where they question the interviewers personal finances?

Then make the interviewer so agitated that they had to leave the room for 10 minutes, then complain when they don't get the job!

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 16:00 ----------

Knowing where you are in 10 years is a strong incentive.

We live in an aspirational society, so most people want to have bettered themselves on those ten years. Nicer house and car, start a family/have a bigger family.

Then make the interviewer so agitated that they had to leave the room for 10 minutes, then complain when they don't get the job!
I suppose its the perils of being such an edgy rebel