Commissioners take over Rotherham Council

That's interesting because Farage seems to think making a big deal about the leftist thugs is playing into his hands. I notice he got massive publicity yesterday out of requesting police protection from just such thugs as he tours the country. It does seem that he is getting that particular message home.

I don't know, I suppose if you worship Our Nige' as the new messiah, then the scenes of him running away from the placard-wielders and demanding Police protection for future walkabouts is a publicity coup and proof that he's getting message across in the political theatre.

On the other hand, I thought it was carcrash television at its worst. If Our Nige' can't face down a dozen elderly placard-wielders in a debate on an emotive issue such as the CSE scandal, how on earth will he challenge Mr Angela Merkel in an EU referendum?

It also seems Sarah Champion is getting worried too.

Of course she claims to be worried! She can't be seen to be complacent, can she? Even though we all know Labour will still control Rovvrem after the next election. I really don't know why Our Nige' is taking such an interest in Rovvrem when it's obviously a town full of halfwits who would vote for the proverbial donkey wearing a red rosette... etc etc.

The entire town is cursed. Like Silent Hill but without the fog :roll:

I don't know, I suppose if you worship Our Nige' as the new messiah, then the scenes of him running away from the placard-wielders and demanding Police protection for future walkabouts is a publicity coup and proof that he's getting message across in the political theatre.

On the other hand, I thought it was carcrash television at its worst. If Our Nige' can't face down a dozen elderly placard-wielders in a debate on an emotive issue such as the CSE scandal, how on earth will he challenge Mr Angela Merkel in an EU referendum?

Actually I don't suppost UKIP, but I am capable of rational thought. I like most of the electorate don't think politics should be dictated by a rent a mob. Clearly Farage is savvy to that. Which is why when Rotherham comes out of special measures there will be rather more UKIP councillors than when it went in.

Which is why when Rotherham comes out of special measures there will be rather more UKIP councillors than when it went in.

I'm not even going to guess how things will turn out there.

On the one hand, UKIP seem to be putting resources into winning Rovvrem.

On the other hand, the people of South Yorkshire still voted in a Labour Police Commissioner after the CSE scandal broke.

I understand that the Commissioners put their first appearance in on Friday.

Traveled up on Friday.

Told everyone that they are to be referred to as 'Sir' or 'Commissioner'

Accepted the Rotherham Budget produced by the council with the caveat that they could change anything in it.

Traveled back on Friday.

Nice work if you can get it.

I guess it would have been 1st class travel.

That'll be about £5,000, minimum, Rotherham have to pay.

I understand that the Commissioners put their first appearance in on Friday.

Traveled up on Friday.

Told everyone that they are to be referred to as 'Sir' or 'Commissioner'

Accepted the Rotherham Budget produced by the council with the caveat that they could change anything in it.

Traveled back on Friday.

Nice work if you can get it.

I guess it would have been 1st class travel.

That'll be about £5,000, minimum, Rotherham have to pay.

Surely, if the government has appointed them, the government has to pay them?

So now there are 5 administrators each being paid £700 per day....for the next 4 years

Surely that can't be right? :huh:

"Sir Derek will be lead commissioner and command fees of £800 a day, Ms Manzie will take the role of the managing director commissioner with an annual fee of £160,000 and Mr Newsam will be nominated as children's social care commissioner.

Ms Ney and Ms Kenny will be supporting commissioners. The latter three will all be paid fees of £700 a day.

Rotherham Council has been told it will be expected to pay the commissioners' fees plus any "reasonable expenses"."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-31643047

The Tories now run Rotherham and the town pays for it too.

The Government don't actually pay for anything. The general public pay for things out of taxation. The choice therefore would be.

1 It comes from local taxation from the people who voted for the idiots on the council.

2 It comes from the taxes of the millions who didn't keep voting for that set of lame ducks.

Perhaps if the local population have to pay to clean up the mess they might put more thought into the voting process.

"Sir Derek will be lead commissioner and command fees of £800 a day, Ms Manzie will take the role of the managing director commissioner with an annual fee of £160,000 and Mr Newsam will be nominated as children's social care commissioner.

Ms Ney and Ms Kenny will be supporting commissioners. The latter three will all be paid fees of £700 a day.

Rotherham Council has been told it will be expected to pay the commissioners' fees plus any "reasonable expenses"."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-31643047

The Tories now run Rotherham and the town pays for it too.

How many people do you think we have on our council at a similar pay point??

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/roles-who/management-team.html

The Government don't actually pay for anything. The general public pay for things out of taxation. The choice therefore would be.

1 It comes from local taxation from the people who voted for the idiots on the council.

2 It comes from the taxes of the millions who didn't keep voting for that set of lame ducks.

Perhaps if the local population have to pay to clean up the mess they might put more thought into the voting process.

does this work for tory governments too:suspect: