Commissioners take over Rotherham Council

5 Commissioners have arrived to take over the running of Rotherham Council. They take control of the elected council.

It seems that following the Jay report into child exploitation the council went into denial and failed to take any action that would prevent the same crimes continuing. The report found the local authority "not fit for purpose" over its handling of child sexual exploitation in the town.

So now there are 5 administrators each being paid £700 per day who will oversee the complete running of the council and local services for the next 4 years.

They replace the cabinet, not the entire council.

The voted councillors still remain, but they now report to the commissioners.

Personally I'd like to see these commissioners tear the place apart and sling those responsible out to the wolves.

I fear however that the council have already done their groundwork, and any incriminating evidence has been 'sanitised' :( :( :(

5 Commissioners have arrived to take over the running of Rotherham Council. They take control of the elected council.

It seems that following the Jay report into child exploitation the council went into denial and failed to take any action that would prevent the same crimes continuing. The report found the local authority "not fit for purpose" over its handling of child sexual exploitation in the town.

So now there are 5 administrators each being paid £700 per day who will oversee the complete running of the council and local services for the next 4 years.

So what are they doing for £700 per day each? What are their backgrounds, experience, and qualifications that enable them to justify such a salary from the public purse? Who is paying for this - is it to come out of council funds or are central government paying?

So what are they doing for £700 per day each? What are their backgrounds, experience, and qualifications that enable them to justify such a salary from the public purse? Who is paying for this - is it to come out of council funds or are central government paying?

It is £800 per day.

The chief commisioner has stated that they are not being paid a fortune.

So £800 a day for the next four years is chicken feed, to some that is:(

It is £800 per day.

The chief commisioner has stated that they are not being paid a fortune.

So £800 a day for the next four years is chicken feed, to some that is:(

I imagine the council cost a fortune to run during the years that it was failing and if this measure protects the young girls of Rotherham I would imagine that it is pretty good value.

I note Julie Kenny was an administrator when Doncaster Council was put under special measures. It was transformed from the worst council in the country to become one of the best. In the circumstances £700 day is not a fortune.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/489080/Worst-council-in-Britain-set-to-leave-special-measures-after-glowing-inspection-report

"A LOCAL authority regarded four years ago as the worst council in Britain was today heralded as an “inspiration” by an inspection team of independent experts. "

Edited by percy filth

I imagine the council cost a fortune to run during the years that it was failing and if this measure protects the young girls of Rotherham I would imagine that it is pretty good value.

I note Julie Kenny was an administrator when Doncaster Council was put under special measures. It was transformed from the worst council in the country to become one of the best. In the circumstances £700 day is not a fortune.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/489080/Worst-council-in-Britain-set-to-leave-special-measures-after-glowing-inspection-report

"A LOCAL authority regarded four years ago as the worst council in Britain was today heralded as an “inspiration” by an inspection team of independent experts. "

To pay four people picked by Pickles £800 each per day is a bloody scandel .

Council employees who are paid the minimun wage are being made redundant because of Pickles and his cohorts .

To pay four people picked by Pickles £800 each per day is a bloody scandel .

Council employees who are paid the minimun wage are being made redundant because of Pickles and his cohorts .

Perhaps you would prefer them to bring back 5 of the ones made redundant and pay them minimum wage to run the council.

I got the impression that the reason the council has been put into special measures is to do with its failure as a council under the folk who were being paid to run it.

This is what comes of politically correct labour nutters putting the feelings of the Asian community before protection of vulnerable children, and you know what? Labour will still win the election in Rotherham.

Perhaps you would prefer them to bring back 5 of the ones made redundant and pay them minimum wage to run the council.

I got the impression that the reason the council has been put into special measures is to do with its failure as a council under the folk who were being paid to run it.

The home helps,road sweepers, and school crossing wardens are the ones who are paying so as Pickles coherts can cash in on the Rotherham scandel.

Why did not the Government just sack the the Council and its officers and insist on a new local election while

barring the present incumbants from ever standing again.

The use of stats always makes me suspicious.

BBC states - "Sir Derek will be lead commissioner and command fees of £800 a day, Ms Manzie will take the role of the managing director commissioner with an annual fee of £160,000 and Mr Newsam will be nominated as children's social care commissioner.

Ms Ney and Ms Kenny will be supporting commissioners. The latter three will all be paid fees of £700 a day.

Rotherham Council has been told it will be expected to pay the commissioners' fees plus any "reasonable expenses".

I assume that they word the pay in this way because they don't anticipate working a 5 day week.

Edited by Flanker7

This is what comes of politically correct labour nutters putting the feelings of the Asian community before protection of vulnerable children

...and this is the kind of rhetoric that spews venomously when people comment having not read the Jay Report fully, an oversight which will enable the other failures of those engaged in child protection to go unchallenged.