Car breakdown renewal

I have my breakdown insurance in a bundle with my car insurance. For the level of cover I get, the independents can't match it. Plus, it gives you and them a bit more room to play with when you're negotiating a discount at renewal time.

I received my breakdown renewal today. With a £20 increase from last year even though I hadn't used the service, a quick search online got me an identical policy for half the price of what I had been quoted.

I pay £56.50 every year, or have done for the last 3 years, includes all the services you get elsewhere, home recovery, roadside, travel onto destination or return home, etc. never bothered with the AA/RAC/GREENFLAG, far too expensive, also think this covers replacement keys too :)

I pay £40 a year for my breakdown with http://www.drive24-7.com, so far had no problems with them and they also cover my caravan on journeys which is a big thing to me that isn't always included with other breakdown companies.

I've had to call them out once and had no problems, so I'll definitely be changing my 2nd car to them too when the renewal comes up - and it looks like there's a further reduction for multi-car policies. :thumbsup: