RIP Shred a top Blades fan and a Legend.

The passing of an era really. I didn't now him personally but a fellow Blade pointed him out to me at an away match as far back as 1972, at Leicester I think, saying "he's THE Blades fan"

Saw him last week at the Coventry match. As I say, I didn't know him personally but all the good things that people are saying about him doesn't surprise me because he seemed like a genuinely nice, kind, person, had an aura about him really.

You couldn't miss him with his trademark long hair, and he was tall as well.

RIP

Strange but feel quite emotional at the news

RIP Shred

Hope the Blades do you proud tomorrow.

We're all Sheffield..

The club has said they will be wearing black armbands at Crawley to recognize Shreds passing.

The Blades as a club have done a lot of things wrong in the past but, now we seem to be getting everything right.

A nice touch by United. I didn't know the man but a lot of my Unitedite mates have talked about him with fondness.

RIP fella.

Maybe we can get some signatures on this! https://www.change.org/p/rename-a-stand-at-sheffield-united-for-shred-for-sheffield-to-consider-renaming-a-stand-at-bramall-lane-for-fan-shred-after-his-sad-death?just_created=true I've seen a lot of people calling for a stand at Sheffield United to be named after Shred

How lovely that the team are wearing black arm bands for him and flying the flag at half mast. From what I have been reading about him and the memory of him that canadablade has shared, he sounds like a truly decent man. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Maybe we can get some signatures on this! https://www.change.org/p/rename-a-stand-at-sheffield-united-for-shred-for-sheffield-to-consider-renaming-a-stand-at-bramall-lane-for-fan-shred-after-his-sad-death?just_created=true I've seen a lot of people calling for a stand at Sheffield United to be named after Shred

PETITION SIGNED

Seen it all over facebook and twitter they should remove *cough* patron Jessica Ennis's name off the stand and rename it

THE SHRED END

That would be brilliant IMO

PETITION SIGNED

Seen it all over facebook and twitter they should remove *cough* patron Jessica Ennis's name off the stand and rename it

THE SHRED END

That would be brilliant IMO

Well it would make a hell of a lot more sense.

It would that, named after a true fan who sounds like he was a gentle man too. Much more sense.

I'm a work colleague of shred and saw him this morning as he started his shift and I finished on nights. To hear later of his death came as an awful shock. Shred was a gentle giant, stood up for the underdog and was well liked by everyone who knew him.

It was a pleasure to have known him and my thoughts are with his family and friends.

Went all over the place on "Spencer's Happy Tours" . Always remember Shred running through the bus station trying to get more people for the coach on the odd time it wasn't full. At least his last game was a Blades win! RIP Shred, you will be missed.

Even Football Heaven playing a song for him. Truly good tributes.