RIP Shred a top Blades fan and a Legend.

He certainly had a good send off at the Lane tonight, the eulogy from Gary Sinclair went on longer than for anyone I've ever heard at a football match, including Derek Dooley. Good to see the posh fans joining in the applause too, was very touching.

He certainly had a good send off at the Lane tonight, the eulogy from Gary Sinclair went on longer than for anyone I've ever heard at a football match, including Derek Dooley. Good to see the posh fans joining in the applause too, was very touching.

Saw the video that Gary posted on facebook ... and over 18 and a half thousand there as well and yes heard the Posh fans were a class act

He must have been a great guy.

He must have been a great guy.

How moving, what a wonderful tribute.

Very. Brilliant tribute, I doubt it could have been read better.

---------- Post added 05-03-2015 at 02:47 ----------

I couldn't go due to working.

Thumbs up to the Peterborough fans too, who all seem to be stood and applauding. Proper football fans, and you see them all the time at away matches, in particular night games.

Edited by *_ash_*

A few clips put together by someone for people to remember him by.

RIP Shred and God Bless you.

Edited by trav4

A few clips put together by someone for people to remember him by.

RIP Shred and God Bless you.

Some staggering numbers being bandied about as to how many people showed up , Hearing between 2,000 and 5,000.

Would love to hear from someone who went about how today went as Mr Sheffield United gets his final send off.

---------- Post added 13-03-2015 at 13:53 ----------

Some staggering numbers being bandied about as to how many people showed up , Hearing between 2,000 and 5,000.

Would love to hear from someone who went about how today went as Mr Sheffield United gets his final send off.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/hundreds-of-sheffield-united-fans-gather-with-players-to-say-goodbye-to-superfan-shred-1-7155194

I was there today. Was moving Seeing Shred's last journey leaving the street he lived on & then going to City Road to see the thousands of people there to say their goodbyes to a man who everyone loved!

Myself and virtually all his work colleagues,including some who had left or retired,attended the funeral. The turn out was magnificent for a man who was admired and respected by all who knew him.

There were a lot of us stood outside listening to the service via loudspeakers.

Me and a good old m8 of mine were in the bankers today and we got onto Shred, we have been all over the country watching football and Shred did the same and more we had a beer for the fella today all the best to his family a truly remarkable person by all accounts.

#FOOTBALLFAMILY

Myself and my son went to the Scunthorpe vs Blades game today, and Scunthorpe paid a pre-match tribute to Shred, which was a nice touch.

cheers Scunny!