RIP Shred a top Blades fan and a Legend.

Shred at Rochdale on Tuesday night looking as confident as ever about Dem Blades holding on to their lead.

Possibly the last photo ever of him at a Blades match.

https://scontent-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11025221_998819116803330_2492051701120240208_n.jpg?oh=0882979d95b8948f975d8f8313c0031f&oe=5582C41F

Shred at Rochdale on Tuesday night looking as confident as ever about Dem Blades holding on to their lead.

Possibly the last photo ever of him at a Blades match.

https://scontent-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11025221_998819116803330_2492051701120240208_n.jpg?oh=0882979d95b8948f975d8f8313c0031f&oe=5582C41F

Puts things in perspective really dunnit.Ya never know what's coming next.

God bless him an his family.

Our families grew up together, Our families lived and still live on the same street! There is a silence today on the road because we have lost such a well liked, well loved and well respected man! A man who loved his club a man who no matter what the score or league was there supporting the club he loved, I have to thank Shred for taking my little brother Josh under his wing and allowing him on his coach tours for the past 6 years!! Goodbye Shred a gentleman of Sheffield and a Legend of United

Saddened to hear the news of Shreds passing...

First met Shred at Liverpool away in 1975 when Blades got attacked and were being picked off one by one by as many as 10 - 15 Liverpool fans in the park as we made our way to the SUT coaches parked at the bottom along the road.

Me and my mate were travelling alone and started running but,

Shred quickly knew we were Blades turned round his red and white scarf that had an owls badge on the other side with DOOMED written under it so we knew he was a Blade and told us to stop running or they would know we were Blades and we basically hid behind this huge bloke who we later found out didn't have an ounce of trouble in him, I think he was probably more scared than us :hihi:

Ever since 1975 when I have been back he has always nodded that hello how are you , I don't know your name but I remember you nod , that was Shred just a true gentle giant and one who I will never forget.

RIP Big man and God bless you xxxx

A beautiful piece on the Blades website to Shred

http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/sheffield-united-shred-david-spencer-2300000.aspx

Edited by canadablade

A true Blades legend.

If you aint been on one of Shreds coaches to an away game you aint lived.

A minutes applause at the next home game surely .

A true Blades legend.

If you aint been on one of Shreds coaches to an away game you aint lived.

A minutes applause at the next home game surely .

The club has said they will be wearing black armbands at Crawley to recognize Shreds passing.

The Blades as a club have done a lot of things wrong in the past but, now we seem to be getting everything right.

Flying the flag at half mast, respect to united for that gesture.

Saddened to hear the news of Shreds passing...

First met Shred at Liverpool away in 1975 when Blades got attacked and were being picked off one by one by as many as 10 - 15 Liverpool fans in the park as we made our way to the SUT coaches parked at the bottom along the road.

Me and my mate were travelling alone and started running but,

Shred quickly knew we were Blades turned round his red and white scarf that had an owls badge on the other side with DOOMED written under it so we knew he was a Blade and told us to stop running or they would know we were Blades and we basically hid behind this huge bloke who we later found out didn't have an ounce of trouble in him, I think he was probably more scared than us :hihi:

Ever since 1975 when I have been back he has always nodded that hello how are you , I don't know your name but I remember you nod , that was Shred just a true gentle giant and one who I will never forget.

RIP Big man and God bless you xxxx

A beautiful piece on the Blades website to Shred

http://://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/sheffield-united-shred-david-spencer-2300000.aspx

What a tribute eh.

That's the second time today I have been in tears reading about Shred.

He's got tributes coming in from Spain, Portugal, Canada and all over the globe.

What a top man he was.

Known Shred or Big Dave as I knew him since the mid 70's & also worked with him a few years ago.

What the hell have you gone & passed away for you big daft bugger.

RIP old mate.

Nigel Clough talking about the loss of Shred.