Crime Scene - Middlewood Road

Came past not long ago on the tram - thought they were just doing work to get it back up and running, not that it had been torched again.

I wish the police all the luck in the world in bringing the perpetrators to justice. Arsonists are a danger to everyone.

Jesus - again?

More likely to be Allah or Vishnu...

I was living in the flat above Vitalo next door to Taj until Monday and I can confirm as the person who initially called 999 on the 27th that the fire was in Taj and not the flat above the shop.

Great curry house, but very dodgy neighbours!

Saying that not once have I heard or saw these "cannabis farm" rumors so I don't know who's fabricated those ?!

Came back that way well midnight....there were fire engines and ambulance and loads of activity....hosing down on the tram tracks????

Ended up diverting up Wadlsley Lane, Marlcliffe Road and Langsett Avenue.

So was this part of the ongoing Taj incident or something else???

That was an accident between 2 cars

No cars at the scene.....it was the Taj incident. It would have been the response to the shop front laying on the floor. :)

The below is PURE speculation, but perhaps it is interesting.

I have been going to these takeaways for years, what I have noticed is that the same guys pop up in different takeaways across the city. One day I went to a takeaway in Broomhill (on't way 'ome) and I met the same fella that normally served me at Vitalo's but had disappeared a few months before.

I went to ... can't remember the name, and one of the guys there was previously at Vitalo's. I go to a fish and chip shop in Hillsborough and see one of the guys that served me at that place I can't remember the name off.

There is DEFINITELY a clique of people (all Turkish) involved with a lot of the takeaways in Hillsborough/Middlewood.

The below is PURE speculation, but perhaps it is interesting.

I have been going to these takeaways for years, what I have noticed is that the same guys pop up in different takeaways across the city. One day I went to a takeaway in Broomhill (on't way 'ome) and I met the same fella that normally served me at Vitalo's but had disappeared a few months before.

I went to ... can't remember the name, and one of the guys there was previously at Vitalo's. I go to a fish and chip shop in Hillsborough and see one of the guys that served me at that place I can't remember the name off.

There is DEFINITELY a clique of people (all Turkish) involved with a lot of the takeaways in Hillsborough/Middlewood.

Maybe there is some mafia demanding money to allow them all to operate safely and blows up any competitors.