Bus Fare changes on firstbus

You can only use a first bus pass on a first bus and stagecoach pass on a stagecoach bus.

you can get a weekly smartcard that you can use on all services, but thats almost £24 a week

Not the news i want to hear

Means more waiting time at the bus stop.

Especially when catching 52 - 6 in the morning.

Hi i was wondering if someone can help me here

If i purchase "First Week Sheffield £12.50" - could i still use this pass on Stagecoach bus such as 52.

Its the only bus i use to go to work.

Thanks.

Yes. First and Stagecoach weekly passes can be used on each other's services, but ONLY on the 52 and 120 routes.

Hi i was wondering if someone can help me here

If i purchase "First Week Sheffield £12.50" - could i still use this pass on Stagecoach bus such as 52.

Its the only bus i use to go to work.

Thanks.

Yes, First week is valid on all the old optio routes, just as it has been over the past few years. However, some stagecoach drivers are not accepting them until their fares go up in a couple of weeks, even though First accept them as normal. I had quite a few passengers on the 120 yesterday complaining that they were refused travel on Stagecoach with the First weekly (£12.50) pass, saying they were not able to accept them until Stagecoach put up their fares. This seem unfair, as many purchased tickets within the last week, paying £12, so should be valid.

This happens every year, and Stagecoach always put up their fares 2 weeks after First, seems like they wait for the fuss about rises to subside then sneak theirs up, so First get all the flack

I purchased the First weekly ticket today (£12.50) & i was able to use it on Stagecoach's 52 bus when returning home from work

So happy days.

Stagecoach have announced their fares change from 12th April

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service-update-details.aspx?id=5102

Adult Single / Adult Return - most increased by 10p

Sheffield Dayrider - The Bus & Tram Dayrider has been reduced to £3.90, the bus only Dayrider is withdrawn. Therefore all Stagecoach Sheffield Dayrider tickets will be valid on both bus & tram. From this date the Bus & Tram Dayrider will also be accepted by First on the joint Optio services 42,44,52 and 120.

Sheffield Bus Only Weekly Megarider - increased by 50p to £12.50. For monthly or longer see link above.

Sheffield Bus & Tram Weekly Megarider - frozen at £13.50. Monthly and longer versions also frozen in price.

Sheffield Weekly Megarider Plus (includes Chesterfield) - increased by 50p to £15.50. For monthly and longer see link above.

Weekly Megarider Gold (includes South Yorks, West Yorks, Derbys & Notts) - frozen at £19.50. For monthly and longer see link above.

Stagecoach Day Explorer (includes South Yorks, West Yorks, Derbys & Notts) - frozen at £5.80

South & West Yorkshire Bus & Tram Family Dayrider - increased by 50p to £9

Child Dayrider - range simplified and all valid on both bus and tram - £2 per day for South Yorkshire, £3 per day for South & West Yorkshire.

Child Bus & Tram Megarider - now valid across South Yorkshire, not just Sheffield. No change in price.

Edited by Andy C

There you go, typical Stagecoach, they wait for First to put up their fares, watch all the flac they get and when it dies down, they put theirs up.

Same year in and year out

Informative post Andy C thanks for going to the trouble.

I think the Stagecoach monthly bus @ £42 about a tenner a week is pretty good value and its not going up.

Seem to remember a similar ticket was the same price or maybe more expensive a decade ago.

First do a monthly Sheffield ticket for £44, which is discounted to £42 if bought electronically on their phone app. This is a ticket where the price was slashed in October 2012 when the Sheffield bus partnership launched, the previous price was £65.90 per month!

Stagecoach Sheffield Megarider bought online is £42 a month bus only or tram only, £46 per month bus and tram. These prices have been frozen. There is also a monthly bus+tram scratchcard that can be bought in person from Travel South Yorkshire information centres and selected SIV box offices for £48.

28 day Citywide tickets are available if you want all operators buses and trams in Sheffield, they cost £63.75.

Edited by Andy C

There you go, typical Stagecoach, they wait for First to put up their fares, watch all the flac they get and when it dies down, they put theirs up.

Same year in and year out

To be fair, Stagecoach's fare is typically 20p cheaper than First's for the same journey (in those cases where the routes overlap).

---------- Post added 07-04-2015 at 13:42 ----------

You can only use a first bus pass on a first bus and stagecoach pass on a stagecoach bus.

Whereas in most civilized countries, you get a ticket that's valid on any bus (tram, etc.) going where you want to go, without this "branded" nonsense.