Near miss - St Marys Gate Roundabout - 26/02

So if anyone witnessed this and got the car registration of the car, please can you DM me.

What do you think you'll be able to do with this info?

I spend quite a bit of time working at St Marys Church and there are cars blasting their horns every few minutes on that roundabout.

I think that area is on camera, though how to go about viewing it, I don't know.

I drive an artic lorry (various trailers) all week as professionally as I can because that's the way I was taught and I can CONFIRM that bad driving is not restricted to Sheffield.

INDICATORS are a main factor in most incidents in my opinion. If you are not indicating I will take it you are going straight on as that is what no indication means isn't it? :rolleyes:

On roundabouts I would advise indicating your intentions whether you are going right or exiting the next exit, please don't keep the RIGHT indicator on then exit LEFT - that infuriates me - late or no indication is bad driving.:rant:

My lovely Dad told me when I was learning to drive 30 years ago to assume every vehicle is being driven by an idiot and you won't go wrong - to expect the unexpected on every journey and you will never be disappointed.

My lovely Dad told me when I was learning to drive 30 years ago to assume every vehicle is being driven by an idiot and you won't go wrong - to expect the unexpected on every journey and you will never be disappointed.

Exactly the same advice from my old dad.

I drive an artic lorry (various trailers) all week as professionally as I can because that's the way I was taught and I can CONFIRM that bad driving is not restricted to Sheffield.

INDICATORS are a main factor in most incidents in my opinion. If you are not indicating I will take it you are going straight on as that is what no indication means isn't it? :rolleyes:

On roundabouts I would advise indicating your intentions whether you are going right or exiting the next exit, please don't keep the RIGHT indicator on then exit LEFT - that infuriates me - late or no indication is bad driving.:rant:

Unfortunately there is difference between todays test and when I took mine, they advise the use of indicators in some circumstances aren't necessary as they can cause confusion. The upshot of this is that people have taken it as an excuse not to bother.