New Retail Park at Drakehouse

Hey retail rascals

Looks like there will be a new competing / expanding section at Drakehouse retail park

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/plans-for-new-retail-park-in-sheffield-unveiled-1-7123336

I cannot believe they will be building another supermarket as part of the scheme

What with the new Asda last year and M&S food hall previously, do the council want to kill off Iceland / Sainsbury's?

I'd be shocked if this were approved.

I thought this had been on the cards for a while!

Personally I'd like to see a cinema back in that area.

Same here, the land next to Rainbow Forge school besides police station should have the school developed into a massive leisure academy with sports facilities and swimming pool, the school is the same as when it was Carter Lodge

There needs to be less restaurants and more clubs / night life, a bowling alley or American diner would be great

Hey retail rascals

Looks like there will be a new competing / expanding section at Drakehouse retail park

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/plans-for-new-retail-park-in-sheffield-unveiled-1-7123336

I cannot believe they will be building another supermarket as part of the scheme

What with the new Asda last year and M&S food hall previously, do the council want to kill off Iceland / Sainsbury's?

I don't think you can blame the council, the developers are Consolidated Property Group not the council.

There needs to be less restaurants and more clubs / night life, a bowling alley or American diner would be great

Not sure there's much call for clubs/night life in this area.

Hey retail rascals

Aldi and Home Bargains? How exciting :gag:

Make your mind up.

A primark and a cinema would be good do we really need any more bargain home stores? And supermarkets ?? Are sainsburys, asda and morrisons not enough?

They must think S12 is the third world so needs fattening up

They must think S12 is the third world so needs fattening up

More like they've hooked into the fact that S12 and the surrounding area has serious spending potential!