What is Messy Church?

Just wondering, but was it a CofE or Catholic school? One would expect it at a Christian faith school, but it's more of an issue if it's a non-denominational state school.

schools are part of the community therefore will give out events in the local areas ! christian or not.

A friend of mines son brought home an invite to a christmas service and the minister from the church had even visited the school ! which they are free to do so , there is no law stopping that from happening

no it certainly doesn't lead to poor decision making and probably makes better as you don't makes snap choices

Not sure I follow your logic there.

schools are part of the community therefore will give out events in the local areas ! christian or not.

A friend of mines son brought home an invite to a christmas service and the minister from the church had even visited the school ! which they are free to do so , there is no law stopping that from happening

Sorry I just don't think schools should be recruiting grounds for religion - any religion. Same goes for politics.

Not sure I follow your logic there.

As a christian I pray about choices I have to make , I ask God to guide me so I don't just decide to do something which isn't right for me

---------- Post added 25-02-2015 at 16:13 ----------

Sorry I just don't think schools should be recruiting grounds for religion - any religion. Same goes for politics.

they aren't its an invite to an event , you have a choice whether to go or not !

there will be people in that school who will want to go to and they have the right to hear about an event, so to attend . As for it being a recuiting ground the messy church isn't about that at all .

I think that you are complicating the message of christianity but again this is old ground and nothing to do with the original post

I'm complicating things by simplifying things?

If you think that children accepting faith easier than adults is off topic, in a thread about children going to Church, I don't know what to say.

Why are you ignoring my post?...

I'm not ignoring your post. I read it. There was no question to respond to as far as I could see.

---------- Post added 25-02-2015 at 17:30 ----------

If you think that children accepting faith easier than adults is off topic, in a thread about children going to Church, I don't know what to say.

It's not a thread about children going to church. It's a thread about messy church, which is essentially a play group with a slightly religious theme.

Tell me, if mum and dad go to church on a Sunday. Are they supposed to leave their kids at home?

It's not a thread about children going to church. It's a thread about messy church, which is essentially a play group with a slightly religious theme.

That's like saying God exists slightly.

Tell me, if mum and dad go to church on a Sunday. Are they supposed to leave their kids at home?

No. they can take them, but the chances of being indoctrinated has just jumped through the ceiling. Or they could leave them with someone in the same way they do when going out of an evening, or some such. But the likelihood is that they wouldn't mind them being indoctrinated into something they are also.

No. they can take them, but the chances of being indoctrinated has just jumped through the ceiling. Or they could leave them with someone in the same way they do when going out of an evening, or some such. But the likelihood is that they wouldn't mind them being indoctrinated into something they are also.

I would sooner be indoctrinated by Jesus Christ than our many modern political prophets..............and after all we are all products of indoctrination from one source or another!

I used to get taken to church and Sunday school and I'm an Atheist. Just goes to show that it doesn't always work ;)

I'm not ignoring your post. I read it. There was no question to respond to as far as I could see.

This...

And what makes you think I hate religion?

...can you answer that please?

It's kids going to church, literally.

That's entirely up to them, nothing to do with me.

If you're looking for alternatives though, parents do manage to do stuff without their kids quite often.

This...

...can you answer that please?

It's kids going to church, literally.

That's entirely up to them, nothing to do with me.

If you're looking for alternatives though, parents do manage to do stuff without their kids quite often.

The messy church in Killamarsh isn't kids going to church. It's a play group. No where near the church. It's just ran by the vicar, the kids have story time (bible stories and fables etc.) and sing hymns.

If you don't hate religion, why are you so keen on criticising people with faith?

The topic is about messy church which you clearly know nothing of what goes on there because you have never been to one so how can you pass a judgment or a view on something you have never experienced