Any Heavy rock fans on here ?

Got caught in a tragic double-booked situation last Friday. A buddy & I had got tix for the Off The Shelf Closing Party Poetry-Slam at Theatre Delicatessen. However, that same evening the Tygers Of Pan Tang were playing some club in Barnsley.

Obviously I couldn't make it but another buddy did. He knew nothing of them or their material but said they were really good. However, only problem is, it was not really the TOPT. There was only one original member. Does that make them an original act or a tribute band? Waited 36 years to get my picture- cover 'Hellbound' single signed. In the end there was only one that could autograph it.

In addition, my mate said he also got talking to the son of a member of Saxon in the crowd, but as he doesn't know much about Saxon either, he couldn't tell me who! :)

Jeez totally forgot bout this thread l started thanks for keeping it going....Got the new Evergrey album The Storm Within...as its my fave band totally amazed how this band seem to get better each album.

Would luv em to come to Sheffield again as l missed them last time..

The two cds by Vanden plas Chronicles of the Immortals 1 and 2 are just awesome if like me ye into heavy prog..

To tell this truth, knowing - and living through - Sheffield's rock history, I'd have thought this thread would be on fire daily.

I've seen a few of the newer Sheffield rock acts this past year. The best of which I think was Fear Lies. Big shout-out for Treebeard though. While not really rock, they have their freak-out moments (as anyone who saw their version of 'House Of The Rising Sun' at Endcliffe Park/Tramlines this July would testify).

Got caught in a tragic double-booked situation last Friday. A buddy & I had got tix for the Off The Shelf Closing Party Poetry-Slam at Theatre Delicatessen. However, that same evening the Tygers Of Pan Tang were playing some club in Barnsley.

Obviously I couldn't make it but another buddy did. He knew nothing of them or their material but said they were really good. However, only problem is, it was not really the TOPT. There was only one original member. Does that make them an original act or a tribute band? Waited 36 years to get my picture- cover 'Hellbound' single signed. In the end there was only one that could autograph it.

In addition, my mate said he also got talking to the son of a member of Saxon in the crowd, but as he doesn't know much about Saxon either, he couldn't tell me who! :)

I'm sorry but the last bit made my chuckle internally. Sounds like your son hangs with major celebrity's.

---------- Post added 13-09-2017 at 17:08 ----------

Jeez totally forgot bout this thread l started thanks for keeping it going....Got the new Evergrey album The Storm Within...as its my fave band totally amazed how this band seem to get better each album.

Would luv em to come to Sheffield again as l missed them last time..

The two cds by Vanden plas Chronicles of the Immortals 1 and 2 are just awesome if like me ye into heavy prog..

You look like harry Halford from priest.

Re: I'm sorry but the last bit made my chuckle internally. Sounds like your son hangs with major celebrity's.

I think you slightly misunderstood. My BUDDY was talking to the SON of a Saxon member. My own lad wouldn't know a member of Saxon if they passed in the street. He would, however, but able to identify any of Pitchshifter, Clutch, Lost Prophets, Blink182, The Offspring...etc etc at some distance. I wouldnae have a clue! It's a generation thang!

Re: I'm sorry but the last bit made my chuckle internally. Sounds like your son hangs with major celebrity's.

I think you slightly misunderstood. My BUDDY was talking to the SON of a Saxon member. My own lad wouldn't know a member of Saxon if they passed in the street. He would, however, but able to identify any of Pitchshifter, Clutch, Lost Prophets, Blink182, The Offspring...etc etc at some distance. I wouldnae have a clue! It's a generation thang!

Clutch are definitely a band worth checking out. I listened to the Psychic Warfare album for about 2 weeks straight... morning and night.

I'm so sorry. But your buddy moist be silly. People brag about meeting big celebrity's and stuff but meeting the son of a saxon member hardly merits bum juice.

---------- Post added 14-09-2017 at 17:47 ----------

Anyone going to see Uli Roth at the O2?

Probably not as I haven't got things organisation yet. Is he still balding.

I'm so sorry. But your buddy moist be silly. People brag about meeting big celebrity's and stuff but meeting the son of a saxon member hardly merits bum juice.

---------- Post added 14-09-2017 at 17:47 ----------

Probably not as I haven't got things organisation yet. Is he still balding.

No... you're getting mixed up with Claire Balding...

I had a beer with Bri Shaughnessy a few months back, while I was in the Yorkshireman.

Anyone going to see Uli Roth at the O2?

Might even be tempted - the last time I saw him was in 1985!