Any Heavy rock fans on here ?

Hmm lm not into that type of stuff but 51 is no age R.I.P

---------- Post added 07-06-2018 at 13:50 ----------

Thanks for the recommend Mooks, I listen to a couple of songs of Vanden Plas on Youtube and they are really good. I recently started listening to Sons of Apollo which is a new project Mark Portnoy who used to be in Dream Theater is doing. There's also a German band I like a lot called Lord of the Lost. I saw Evergrey when they were supporting Kamelot a few years ago. I'd like to see Symphony X too.

Think l may have to check out Sons of Apollo as l like Dt stuff ..Glad this threads still interesting everyone ..

Would luv to go to corp again but feel a bit old at 57 :hihi:

Hmm lm not into that type of stuff but 51 is no age R.I.P

---------- Post added 07-06-2018 at 13:50 ----------

Think l may have to check out Sons of Apollo as l like Dt stuff ..Glad this threads still interesting everyone ..

Would luv to go to corp again but feel a bit old at 57 :hihi:

ive never been, never know tho...im a young 49 ;)

---------- Post added 07-06-2018 at 13:59 ----------

If anybodys into black metal, anarchist black metal band Dawn Ray'd have just done a Cvlt nation mixtape ;)

https://www.cvltnation.com/cvlt-nation-7th-anniversary-mixtape-dawn-rayd/

---------- Post added 08-06-2018 at 16:23 ----------

Metallica rockin out

Some good albums to check some may not be heavy rock technicaly

Robin George dangerous music

Gary Moore back to the blues (some heavy blues)

Gary Moore Scars (superb one off album)

Europe start from the dark

Mamas boys power and passion.

Great thread, everyone, but to try and create a bit of discussion, here's a question:

Which bands/artists have you 'discovered' later in life and thought: 'Damn! I wish I'd have listened to these sooner!'?

Killing Joke

KMFDM

Crowbar

All bands that have been around for decades, and I've read about in numerous magazines over time, but never gave them a go until now. I've missed out on so much awesome music!

Metallica even covered The Wait by KJ!!! And I still didn't give them a go until now. DO'H!

HI guys - Can't believe this was set up when l was 53 lm 60 this year ..

IF anyone's into heavy prog one band you should check out is Norway's  Communic. 

This band has all aspects of rock music in same songs most songs are 7-9mins long.

Check them out luv the band..

🤘🤘🤘

I've been a Meat Loaf fan since I nicked Dad's copy of Bat out of hell 2 on tape at Christmas 1993, and now I have all his albums and have sung a load of his stuff on Karaoke :D 

I also like some of Jon Bon Jovi's songs, noteably "You give love a bad name" and "Livin' on a Prayer".

I've also inherited a love of the late great Freddie Mercury's stuff with Queen from Dad and my older Brother.

Proper headbanging "classic rock" :D 

Edited by Mr Allen
More detail.

On 14/05/2018 at 19:30, melthebell said:

Our very own Def Leppard are now in the beer game (6%)

https://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/def-leppard-launch-their-own-beer/

A buddy I met up with in New Orleans had picked some up for me. She'd bought some at a Leppard gig and saved them till we got over there on holiday. It wasn't bad, but I've never seen it on sale in the UK.