Any Heavy rock fans on here ?

Always wanted to see classic acts Purple Ozzy Sabbath etc but new stuffs taken over to many brilliant bands around to ignore them. And not stuck in a time warp lol..

I'm an O.A.P and still into good old classic rock it will cross the generations and never die,my favorite station on the tv is youtube played on a fifty inch screen through my disco pa sound system,for those about to rock we salute you.Fire.

---------- Post added 27-02-2015 at 20:58 ----------

Recently heard on radio two a great new rock band "The strypes" see youtube

.https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+strypes+come+together

Edited by rockonvynil

Excellent m8 ye never to old to rock n roll...Just wished l had the money to go to gigs nowadays..Missed a lot of my fave bands that have played here especially at the corp.

Eighup Mooks .....when i saw Led Zep it was in early 73 .....tickets were £1 :hihi:

Big spender - I saw them for 15 bob in 1970 at the City Hall :D

We all know that Rock Music ( be it Prog ,Metal , Thrash or whatever else ) is a 'Well Oiled Machine that will Run Forever..and it will still be 'Kicking Ass '...when us Buggers have 'Kissed the World Goodbye' .

I've been so fortunate to see (and meet) so many Great Acts over the Years ,including Genesis 3 times( all with Peter Gabriel) ..at Finsbury Park Apollo , London .....Reading Festival... and Sheffield City Hall ...each time they played 'Suppers Ready ' :)..

I saw Todd Rundgren at Glasgow in 1975 and was lucky enough to meet the Great Man and have a chat with him ...by the time the 'Concert' was over ...(they weren't called Gigs in those days ):hihi: ...the Pubs had closed and whilst talking to Todd outside his Tour Bus ,i noticed several Pallets of Heineken Export on the Bus .

I said 'eighup Todd , any chance of buying a Can off you as t' Pubs are shut and i could Murder a Pint .

Todd replied , 'You wanna Beer Kid '? ..then invited me and my Bird on board

the tour Bus ...Gave us a couple o' Cans ,then introduced us to the Band Members .

I still reckon 'Something / Anything' ( Double Album) ......'Todd ' ( Double Album ) and ...A Wizard ,A True Star , sound good to this day .

Trapeze were a Great Rock Trio ...so underrated and i became firm friends with Mel Galley ...He showed me how to play the 'Great Guitar Intro ' on 'Loser' from ' You are the Music , we're just the Band ..and i met hime several times after wards ...Sadly , Mel died of Throat Cancer in 08 ,only a few months after Adam ,my eldest Son :sad:

When i saw Kevin Ayers , i met him afterwards ,and ,whilst we were having a Chat , the Band Members came up with a tray of drinks and headed towards the Dressing Room ...Kevin Said ' You care to join us for a Night Cap ? ...i was handed a Large JD's which i gladly accepted ,then shook hands with Kevin before i left ....

A few years later , Kevin was playing Locally again , so , instead of going alone , i told a couple of mates ,who fancied seeing him ....i told them of previously meeting him ,and having a Drink ,and they didn't believe me whatsoever ...

However , when the 3 of us walked towards the Bar , who should be getting served ...but Kevin Ayers .....I looked at the Barman ,and said ' 3 pints when you're ready Mate ' ....and 'I'll get Kevins ' ...Kevin took his drink , turned round ,and said ' Thank Y'...then paused and said ' Its Ivan isn't it' ..the Looks on my Mates faces said it all :)

I'm on F/ B ...feel free to look me up and add me if you wish ....

Afore i go , I chose Megadeths ' A Tout Le Monde' as my Funeral Tune when first hearing them play it at Manchester Apollo 1994 ...My Wife and Kids liked it too ,when i played it to them on the Youthanasia CD ....

We chose it to be played at Adam's Funeral at Ecclesfield Church ...the day after Fathers Day in 2008 ...

The Lyrics. ....'So as you read this know my Friends '

'I'd love to stay with you all '

'Please Smile when you think of me '

'My Body's gone ,that's all '

....are engraved on Adam's Headstone ..:sad:

Thanks for taking time to read this ...Ivan Moore ..(GUZZI ) :headbang:

Excellent stuff in this thread :)

I used to go to a local festival in the nineties that was punching way above its weight. It was called Waldrock. I've been from 94-98 (mainly for the punk acts and some local acts) and saw amongst others:

Gorefest, NOFX, Napalm Death, Sick of it All (1994), Madball, Machinehead, Venom (1995), Morbid Angel, Life of Agony, Type O Negative (GREAT BAND!), Fear Factory and Slayer (1996 - best year imo) Lagwagon, Cradle of Filth, Biohazard, The Gathering, Rammstein (GREAT BAND!) and Megadeth (1997), Dimmu Borgir, Soulfly (GREAT BAND!), Paradise Lost and Dream Theater (1998 weakest year, decided not to go anymore... also got into a bit of a fight for the first time ever whilst there.)

But if you look at the list in the link, you will see every top metal act around since the 90s has played this festival, except for Metallica who were always out of reach financially. Unfortunately they stopped in 2009, massive shame.

...Forgot to mention ....When i saw Type O Negative ( love 'em ..especially October Rust ) .....in 2003 , i came out after the 'Gig' had finished ,and after Chatting to Kenny Hickey ...a Guy was loading Guitars etc into a Transit Van .....

I asked if he wanted 'Any Help' and he Said 'Yeah Mate' ...it turns out he was the lead Guitarist from the support Band ( Kill 2 This ) ..

He asked where i was from ....and could i get to The Ledmill the following week ,as they were supporting Anthrax ( and he would get me in ) ..as a thank you for helping him .

I turned up and there were a Hundred or so Fans Queuing up ..

I helped Kill 2 this load their amps into the Venue ...was given a V.I.P Pass and the next

thing i knew , i was in the 'Green Room ' making coffee for Anthrax ..John Bush , Scott Ian etc ....What a Night :headbang:

loving Venoms latest album, love it loads

Same here :)

Same here :)

specially long haired punks :P

says it all really

apart from im more a short haired hippy :( lol

Some good crack on here guys seems rock music is alive and kicking which is good to see..

My step family is into RnB rap etc so its earphones on !!! Except the wife she's 60 this year and a tattooed goth..

Speaking of tatts lm sure a few have them l have a few primal fears eagle logo plus a half sleeve alien from the alien movies usual heart with kids nemes and birth dates.

Which is crap so hope to put a predator tart on that.

And put my kids names and birth dates underside of my arms when or if l get the funds..

Some good crack on here guys seems rock music is alive and kicking which is good to see..

My step family is into RnB rap etc so its earphones on !!! Except the wife she's 60 this year and a tattooed goth..

Speaking of tatts lm sure a few have them l have a few primal fears eagle logo plus a half sleeve alien from the alien movies usual heart with kids nemes and birth dates.

Which is crap so hope to put a predator tart on that.

And put my kids names and birth dates underside of my arms when or if l get the funds..

My tatts are punk / grindcore related...personal to me

Doom / Napalm death logos

Class war logo