Dem 10 man Blades draw and the Massive lose.

Stats

68% 32%

17 shots 6

7 on target 2

8 corners 0

Tbh on that Derby diserved it...

Edited by owl.66

It was also 10 man Owls - and we lost our 'keeper - funny title for the thread?

Nothing to hang our heads at given before the match we weren't realistically expecting much and we finally got 2 goals today. My hope for the upcoming fixtures are actually lifted.

I don't think we bottled it - Derby have a surplus of players who score for fun and the Westwood sending off/penalty is simply what did for us.

I don't blame SG - and I truly hope he is not replaced until he has had a good bit longer with the players he's brought in.

Well done to the Blades for coming back from 2 down.

It was also 10 man Owls - and we lost our 'keeper - funny title for the thread?

Nothing to hang our heads at given before the match we weren't realistically expecting much and we finally got 2 goals today. My hope for the upcoming fixtures are actually lifted.

I don't think we bottled it - Derby have a surplus of players who score for fun and the Westwood sending off/penalty is simply what did for us.

I don't blame SG - and I truly hope he is not replaced until he has had a good bit longer with the players he's brought in.

Well done to the Blades for coming back from 2 down.

Scoring goals against one of the league leaders has got to give you something. Without looking at the last time you scored 2... got to give you a bit of confidence. Haven't they got Bent too?? So all in all... it wasn't a disgrace.

Bit harsh though if he did get the boot. But its business I suppose. Heard Di Canio has been sniffing round.

You ok Jon pal,nice to hear from you.I'm with alison over Paolo De canio ,don't want him

near Hillsborough .:thumbsup: Owl.

I too do not want DiCanio managing us - but I don't think we should be looking to get rid of SG at the moment so my mind is not willing to think about any new manager currently.

You ok Jon pal,nice to hear from you.I'm with alison over Paolo De canio ,don't want him

near Hillsborough .:thumbsup: Owl.

I'm good mate... how are you?

Di Canio... might not be for Wednesday but sooner or later he's going to be a massive hit with a club. I think he needs to manage a relatively smaller club, a club that will buy into his philosophy and do well.

Yes he's a bit different... but he'll be a class manager with the right club and players.

Back on topic... You lot were unlucky... but I said it back in October... this lack of goals might come back and haunt you at the end of the season. Don't think you'll go down, but it might make you feel a little uncomfortable.

As for us... can't fault them. Baxter being sent off might was a blow but... whatever level your at... coming back from 2 goals down with 10 men, is very impressive.

---------- Post added 21-02-2015 at 17:55 ----------

Great result for the Blades to come back from the position they were in,more than happy with a point.Looks like the goalpost movers are out already tonight.:D

:hihi: Always the same... We've done very well today... our players need to take credit in the way we come back.

Wednesday were unlucky tbf but it can't help Grays situation, it's relegation form they have at the moment.

Actually thought Wednesday would get something today and apparently they were unlucky.

Was at the Lane watching the second best comeback since Lazarus so don't know what happened at Derby.

Was Westwood sent off in the penalty incident?

Good point from the situation we were in for the blades, and it seems a tough defeat for the owls after leading twice... Getting 2 against Derby has to be a positive.

As for Gray, surely you can't have a defeat away to the league leaders as the decisive result, its not a game you'd have expected to win really. He's done enough to last the season.

Yes he was, mjw, need to see it tonight on FL to see if it was as harsh as commentary said - they said it was a yellow but not obvious goal scoring chance so should have been yellow - as I said we need to see it.

Actually thought Wednesday would get something today and apparently they were unlucky.

Was at the Lane watching the second best comeback since Lazarus so don't know what happened at Derby.

Was Westwood sent off in the penalty incident?

Unlucky for the Owls, deserved something from the game. I feel that a change will happen shortly (Millwall midweek is a must win for the manager)

United must be kicking themselves for dropping home points against a relegation threatened team (especially as top teams faltered) but well done for the comeback.

I cant help but think all this dialogue against Gray is a bit unfair on him and it's a bit premature to call for his head.

After all, he was the one in charge at the start of the season that got you in a position which has still enabled you to stay mid table at present after the current bad run.

Apparently he is not in regular contact with the new owner yet and he seems to be running the whole kit and kaboodle by himself, surely a bedding in period for the new players and owners will be beneficial to everyone instead of knee jerk reactions.