Royal Hallamshire Praise for the NHS

---------- Post added 22-02-2015 at 11:54 ----------

4 questions no answers. Hmmmm

I didn't think my response needed an answer, but it costs nothing for me to be polite, so here it is.

I haven't been a patient in any hospitals outside Sheffield for a good number of years. However, I have been aware, via the media, of poor quality care in hospitals in other parts of the UK. So I felt it was reasonable to say we are fortunate in this city to have such generally good hospitals.

From a personal perspective, In the last year I've had two eye operations in the RHH. The treatment and care I received in the Day Case, theatre and Recovery departments couldn't be faulted. Thanks to them, and the consultant and his team in the eye clinic, I can see with both eyes again. My OH has twice had lifesaving surgery in the NGH, their cardio thoracic dept has an excellent reputation.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I didn't think my response needed an answer, but it costs nothing for me to be polite, so here it is.

I haven't been a patient in any hospitals outside Sheffield for a good number of years. However, I have been aware, via the media, of poor quality care in hospitals in other parts of the UK. So I felt it was reasonable to say we are fortunate in this city to have such generally good hospitals.

From a personal perspective, In the last year I've had two eye operations in the RHH. The treatment and care I received in the Day Case, theatre and Recovery departments couldn't be faulted. Thanks to them, and the consultant and his team in the eye clinic, I can see with both eyes again. My OH has twice had lifesaving surgery in the NGH, their cardio thoracic dept has an excellent reputation.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you. It was just that you claimed other hospitals were not as good. I wonder if anyone else has had a bad experience with other hospitals or whether the NHS has been safe and a success under coalition rule?

I work at the Hallamshire Hospital in the operating theatres. Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you :)Good luck with the rest of your recovery.

My brother Andrew works in theatres at The Hallamshire too.

Edited by Maureen ann

I work in Radiology at that RHH and it is always welcome to hear and read positive feedback from patients and relatives about the services we provide, particularly when you read some negative stories in the media.

Thank you. It was just that you claimed other hospitals were not as good. I wonder if anyone else has had a bad experience with other hospitals or whether the NHS has been safe and a success under coalition rule?

There has been plenty of media coverage about how the government cuts have devastated hospitals all over the country. Just because so far our Hospitals (due to having dedicated staff and being excellent to begin with) have managed to just about cope, doesn't mean they aren't struggling.

In October I went into the Northern General with severe vertigo. I arrived in the early morning and didn't get into a temporary ward until the evening. They left me unable to reach the call button and dehydrated (as I had thrown up everything in the ambulance). I was promised a drip to rehydrate and tests, I got neither until I was on the ward in the evening. I am convinced my recovery would have been quicker if they had rehydrated me straight away.

After a few days they expected me to get a taxi home (I had no money on me), still so dizzy I could only walk a short distance without assistance. I ended up staying an additional day while they tried to arrange transport because they don't have the funds.

My experience at Sheffield hospitals in the past has generally been great. The out-patients service has always seemed good (although they never run on time) but to suggest this government has helped is insulting, things are clearly getting worse.

why don't you ask one of the posters who works there ? then again I bet you wouldn't believe their answer :suspect:

How nice to hear a good response instead of a bad one, I agree with the op and other comments about the good treatment we are so lucky to get at our hospitals.

Also Rotherham hospital is good, well done to the staff.

How nice to hear a good response instead of a bad one, I agree with the op and other comments about the good treatment we are so lucky to get at our hospitals.

Also Rotherham hospital is good, well done to the staff.

And of course well done to the coalition for funding it and keeping people treated well?

coalition ? I thank good hard working people for keeping the NHS going.

A big thank you to David Cameron and the coalition too for keeping the NHS running well?

I wonder if anyone else has had a bad experience with other hospitals or whether the NHS has been safe and a success under coalition rule?

And of course well done to the coalition for funding it and keeping people treated well?

Yes, well done to David Cameron and the coalition. Our local hospital services truly are in their safe hands….

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/health/local-health/exclusive-sheffield-hospitals-facing-shock-40m-cuts-1-7066654

Thanks for raising this, Ron.:thumbsup: I think Cameron could have been a surgeon himself, all the cuts he has been making.

Edited by Mr Bloom

who do you work for Ron? you really seem to love this coalition. :roll: