3 UK schoolgirls "travelling to Syria"

The other thought that entered my head was the grooming scandal> it does seem as though many asian girls were involved to but were reluctant to come forward because of familly honor

This is a significant part of the story - that again the media have failed to pick up on

Are the media just a bit stupid and lazy?

Hooking on to a headline, and careless about the detail...

Are the media just a bit stupid and lazy?

Hooking on to a headline, and careless about the detail...

No, they are sophisticated and cynical. They know exactly what they are doing. Sadly their techniques are all too effective.

Never mind perhaps the tories will welcome Jihadists back and throw benefits at them ... Oh wait, they soon changed their tune about that didn't they?

My sympathies don't extend to the jihadi fighters who abscond you know. May they meet the end they plan on inflicting.

The other thought that entered my head was the grooming scandal> it does seem as though many asian girls were involved to but were reluctant to come forward because of familly honor. Just imagine if they were actualy victims trying to escape.

I think that is the only senario that I have heard that would excuse their treachery.

The other thought that entered my head was the grooming scandal> it does seem as though many asian girls were involved to but were reluctant to come forward because of familly honor. Just imagine if they were actualy victims trying to escape.

I think that is the only senario that I have heard that would excuse their treachery.

I am not sure what you mean, are you thinking that these girls may have been abused, is there any evidence of this.

Anyone who is willing to groom a young white girl for sex will have no problem abusing a muslim girl in order to get her to do what he wants. Im not saying they were groomed, they could just be sick in the head like the rest of the IS nobs im just saying it wouldnt shock me.

I here what you are saying but I can't help noticing that these girls were not westernised. They wore head scarves and had clearly been brought up in strict faith. That has to make the job of radicalization far easier. Perhaps if their families had imparted western values and they had more western friends they may not have sought a medievil live style of a sharia state.

That was the first thought that came to me when one of the mothers said they had brought there family up to be liberally minded.

I here what you are saying but I can't help noticing that these girls were not westernised. They wore head scarves and had clearly been brought up in strict faith. That has to make the job of radicalization far easier. Perhaps if their families had imparted western values and they had more western friends they may not have sought a medievil live style of a sharia state.

Indeed this makes it even more surprising they managed to slip away in the first place. Being brough up in a religious household, they must have had a closetted life, constantly under the gaze of their parents and community, making sure they are dressed correctly, attending prayer, not consuming "haram" goods like pork or alocohol, not mixing with the wrong sort (like boys), yet they were still able to go to Gatwick unnoticed until it was too late.

.It was given out on todays news that you had to have a Visa to gain entry into Turkey.

Indeed this makes it even more surprising they managed to slip away in the first place. Being brough up in a religious household, they must have had a closetted life, constantly under the gaze of their parents and community, making sure they are dressed correctly, attending prayer, not consuming "haram" goods like pork or alocohol, not mixing with the wrong sort (like boys), yet they were still able to go to Gatwick unnoticed until it was too late.

Are you going for the "how many stereotypes that you can get into one thread" record? :hihi:

Are you going for the "how many stereotypes that you can get into one thread" record? :hihi:

So without resorting to stereotypes what would cause you or your family to leave home without a word to anyone and fly 2000 miles to join a bunch of murderous cut throats?