3 UK schoolgirls "travelling to Syria"

If people leave the UK to join terrorist groups, dont let them back in - end of.

I don't see the connection. Rotherham featured a certain ethnic group preying on young girls in this country. This is a group of young girls who have made a conscious decision by themselves to join ISIS. They haven't been coerced into it or plyed with drugs and alcohol.

I don't see the connection. Rotherham featured a certain ethnic group preying on young girls in this country. This is a group of young girls who have made a conscious decision by themselves to join ISIS. They haven't been coerced into it or plyed with drugs and alcohol.

Then get your dictionary back out and look up the word "impressionable".

It seems they were coerced by someone called Aqsa Mahmood who travelled to Syria from her Glasgow home to become a "Jihadi bride" in November 2013. So quite likely exactly the same ethnic group preying on young girls.

Is this knowledge based on probability or first hand knowledge of the girls themselves?

Laughable that the authorities are being blamed. It's nobodies fault except the girls. Irritates me that the media are making out that they are somehow poor victims in this. They've left the UK to join wa terrorist organisation - at 15/16 they're old enough to understand this even if they are somewhat naive. Good riddance to them tbh, hopefully they won't be allowed back here. That's 3 less brainwashed idiots that we have to put up with over here. Honestly could not care less what happens to them.

I think the authorities are being blamed for allowing under 18s to fly and one girl has used her older sisters passport according to the news so it does bring into question the effectiveness of passport checks at UK airports.

The authorities can not be blamed for these girls joining ISiS.

I think the authorities are being blamed for allowing under 18s to fly and one girl has used her older sisters passport according to the news so it does bring into question the effectiveness of passport checks at UK airports.

The authorities can not be blamed for these girls joining ISiS.

Considering the present "climate" with British youngsters going abroad with the perceived possibility of returning with less than righteous motives, with airport security and passport control never being at its highest level, one does have to pose the question..what in the hell are we paying for? Regardless of the decisions these kids made, security should have picked them up and interrogated ruthlessly.

Although we are not responsible for their decisions, we are responsible for the decisions and inaction of our security, considering we're all under threat with the bogey man ready to jump out at any given moment, you'd have thought these kids would have been leaped on.

Well I am just a normal person but I must say if I was working on that airport security at the time they went through I would have been suspicious.

Scary isn't it that no one noticed.Not so much them going out, but if they were coming back in.

The religion or parents raising of these girls has no bearing on their decision to go and join Isis, stop spreading your anti muslim bull excrement.

These girls must have seen the beheading and burning alive and heard about other vile behaviour of these Islamic Terrorist and they are old enough to have made the decision that they actually want to join in this barbarism and to say that their faith has nothing to do with their choice is just denying the obvious. As for the families blaming anyone but themselves, well they would wouldn't they.

Edited by rainbow2411

I would be interested to know how schools and teachers are supposed to play a more active role in preventing such radicalisation, as the government seem to be suggesting. It's hardly the sort of thing the girls concerned are going to announce in Assemby, is it?

Considering the present "climate" with British youngsters going abroad with the perceived possibility of returning with less than righteous motives, with airport security and passport control never being at its highest level, one does have to pose the question..what in the hell are we paying for? Regardless of the decisions these kids made, security should have picked them up and interrogated ruthlessly.

Although we are not responsible for their decisions, we are responsible for the decisions and inaction of our security, considering we're all under threat with the bogey man ready to jump out at any given moment, you'd have thought these kids would have been leaped on.

Their is nothing actually illegal about 15/16 year olds hopping on a plane, bus train etc etc.

I'm pretty sure that had anyone attempted to stop them travelling we would have shouts of discrimination from a well know few.

These girls must have seen the beheading and burning alive and heard about other vile behaviour of these Islamic Terrorist and they are old enough to have made the decision that they actually want to join in this barbarism and to say that their faith has nothing to do with their choice is just denying the obvious. As for the families blaming anyone but themselves, well they would wouldn't they.

The Daily Mail is reporting today that the three girls were 'brainwashed in their bedrooms', writing, for example, that one of their online histories reveals access to websites that:

'... would have exposed her to a stream of graphic material – including footage of beheadings and the mutilated bodies of children.'

Well I have seen some similar images myself, the lifeless bodies of babies pulled out of the smoking rubble of their homes following a US air strike from 20,000 ft. And I am sickened by such pitiless, appalling horrors.

I am just as sickened by the images of Tony Blair and George W. Bush explaining their determination to invade the sovereign territory of Iraq, heedless of the millions who marched in protest at this imperialist adventure to bring MacDonalds and Coca-Cola to the Middle East (oh, and lets not forget the underlying agenda to secure oil resources).

Unless we recall our history and begin to put the phenomena of young Muslims being 'radicalised' in the context of the shocking injustices perpetrated in the name of freedom and democracy by the US and the cringing Blair government, we shall continue to learn of such stories as these three girls and the recent events in Paris and Copenhagen without any ability to make sense of what is really going on.