Sheffield Festival of Transport + Other Local Shows

It probably was us if it was a black XR4i and a little green Fiesta with chrome bumpers. You should have come and said hello, you wouldn't have been intruding.

Next show for us is at Hope Sports Ground on the 16th July.

A fella from the S.Yorks Capri club approached us about a show in Ravesfield on the 24th September. Sounds like it could be fun with camping on the 23rd. He also had a black XR4i there.

My maestro was in the public car park, someone left a card on the windscreen.

I thought the monstro team were going to turn out to graves park so I went to have a look. :( never mind, maybe next year!

P.S. maestro still for sale, cheap.

Erm I wonder who could have left that there :huh::blush: Ours will be there next year, it is still touch and go if it will make it to MG Saloon Day this coming weekend. The other half has taken all week off work to try and get it ready.

I wanted to go to this, but didn't find out about it 'til I was on my hols and didn't book the Sunday off in time!

Saw a couple of nice Capris and the like drive past, on the way to work. A link would be nice if anyone has uploaded any photos :)

Erm I wonder who could have left that there :huh::blush: Ours will be there next year, it is still touch and go if it will make it to MG Saloon Day this coming weekend. The other half has taken all week off work to try and get it ready.

Hope you get it done in time !

Don't forget any classics welcome at Beighton Funday 8th July.

The Trabi seemed to cause quite a bit of interest and not just pitying looks and shakes of the head.

We were rather disappointed that there wasn't a 'worst in show' prize as we were sure we'd have won as we hadn't washed the car, it arrived on a transporter and the engine bay was full of leaves.

Come to think of it we pobably wouldn't have stood a chance against Batman!

I've got lots of pics but they are all of a dirty old Trbai and a JU camper van.

Get them posted

FESTIVAL IMAGES HERE

Some may not be captioned accurately, and I was only interested in the British contingent - plus a Ferrari, obviously.

FESTIVAL IMAGES HERE

Some may not be captioned accurately, and I was only interested in the British contingent - plus a Ferrari, obviously.

OBVIOUSLY!........... Not even one piccy of any of us on the BMW stand!

fancy missing the best ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I wouldn't say German is better over British. I would rather have a British car anyday ;)

OBVIOUSLY!........... Not even one piccy of any of us on the BMW stand!

fancy missing the best ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that bulldog D.

My interest in old cars is more nostalgia, than appreciation of the marque.

Being born in the very early 50s I just remember the old British 'battlewagons' trundling 'sedately' up and down the streets. By the time the mid 60s came along, they all started to look similar - and there were more about - so lost interest in the 'newer' models. With the exception of Ferrari, foreign classics have never really been of interest to me. As for American 'barges', YUK!!!

Most of the cars in those photos remind me of either someone I knew from the 50s/early 60s, (delivery man, neighbour, family friend etc) or I remember trundling past our house when I was playing out in the front garden in Hackenthorpe.:thumbsup:

I only went to Graves Park to look closely at the older British cars anyway really.