Quad bikes in S7

Two males on a quad just came whizzing up Langdale Road in S8 against the one way system.

I drove past the Witney Street area which links up with Abbeydale Road yesterday and saw a number of uniformed officers chatting with youths. It was all very jolly and friendly and they were chatting away like friends. The softly softly approach doesn't work. Scare the barstuards and make them stop behaving so anti-socially.

I drove past the Witney Street area which links up with Abbeydale Road yesterday and saw a number of uniformed officers chatting with youths. It was all very jolly and friendly and they were chatting away like friends. The softly softly approach doesn't work. Scare the barstuards and make them stop behaving so anti-socially.

Maybe the youths were not doing anything wrong!

Maybe the youths were not doing anything wrong!

Don't talk sense.

This is the Sheffield Forum, where youths are guilty until proven otherwise.

Two males on a quad just came whizzing up Langdale Road in S8 against the one way system.

They rid Down back path along the parkway one big quad a scooter guy and someone on a crosser

Don't talk sense.

This is the Sheffield Forum, where youths are guilty until proven otherwise.

My apologies. I wasn't thinking.

Yesterday afternoon, about 4pm i was nearly run over by a teenager on a dirt bike, riding without a helmet, on the wrong side of the road, from outside tescos on abbeydale road all the way down to the lights at sheldon / broadfield road, and he then made an illegal right turn up sheldon road after jumping the lights. I had to jump out of the way back to the island in the middle of the road, and was more than a little alarmed and now im angry this situation is just going and going. But going nowhere it seems.

Tweeting issues is pointless, calling 101 is pointless apparently. The police clearly arent taking the issue seriously. So from now on i shall dial 999 to report such incidents.

Have we actually got enough of a police presence to combat stuff like this and all the rest?? (not just in this area) If not, what can a councilor do? The people we supposedly elect have spent billions on war on the other side of the world and allowed the UK's infrastructure at all levels to go to ****...

Yesterday afternoon, about 4pm i was nearly run over by a teenager on a dirt bike, riding without a helmet, on the wrong side of the road, from outside tescos on abbeydale road all the way down to the lights at sheldon / broadfield road, and he then made an illegal right turn up sheldon road after jumping the lights. I had to jump out of the way back to the island in the middle of the road, and was more than a little alarmed and now im angry this situation is just going and going. But going nowhere it seems.

Tweeting issues is pointless, calling 101 is pointless apparently. The police clearly arent taking the issue seriously. So from now on i shall dial 999 to report such incidents.

Yes you should as its a serious issue that could cause loss of life so 999 would be justified in this instance. Do you not know that 999 opperators are the same ones that do the 101 service?

Driving home at rush hour on Abbeydale Road the other day behind one of these quad bikes. When we got to Pizza Hut the driver decided to stop and have a chat with some kids on the pavement for about 5 mins, holding up traffic behind him.

(Why do folk think it's okay to stop and have a chat in their vehicle in the middle of the road these days?)

Anyway, after chatting a young lad of about 4 years old climbed on the back and then they sped off in the bus lane. :loopy:

Driving home at rush hour on Abbeydale Road the other day behind one of these quad bikes. When we got to Pizza Hut the driver decided to stop and have a chat with some kids on the pavement for about 5 mins, holding up traffic behind him.

(Why do folk think it's okay to stop and have a chat in their vehicle in the middle of the road these days?)

Did the quad-biker drive off after any of the drivers in the traffic queue beeped their horns to signal that they wanted to continue on their journey?

Sounds like these guys are following in the footsteps of Naseeb Ellahi, the guy who killed Jasmyn Chan, who lived in Nether Edge on St. Ronan's Road. How do you think these idiots on quad bikes are going to drive once they progress to cars?