Quad bikes in S7

They are such a nuisance. I was in Millhouses Park enjoying the sunshine on Tuesday and they were tearing up and down Abbeydale Road South. They looked like they were in their mid 20s. They need to grow up and stop acting like antisocial teenagers!

Everyone needs to keep reporting it to 101.

they need to come round here in plain clothes and then they would get them

Have just had a look on Twitter and @netheredgesnt explains what they can be prosecuted on, sadly not just because of noise. If you use Twitter that might be a quick way to alert them when you see one of the quads

Well...2 Sundays ago I had something thrown at me, don't know what but it broke the skin of my leg through the trousers

The following Sunday, was in a car that was hit by a large stone or something...went on SYP twitter to grumble publicly, they must have read it because an hour later police were in the area, but this group had put their car window through

It is just one group and this is what is so frustrating. if this group aren't reined in, it will egg on others to follow and then it WILL become a problem area. Which it's not - I've lived in that half-mile square for about 20 years.

Well...2 Sundays ago I had something thrown at me, don't know what but it broke the skin of my leg through the trousers

The following Sunday, was in a car that was hit by a large stone or something...went on SYP twitter to grumble publicly, they must have read it because an hour later police were in the area, but this group had put their car window through

It is just one group and this is what is so frustrating. if this group aren't reined in, it will egg on others to follow and then it WILL become a problem area. Which it's not - I've lived in that half-mile square for about 20 years.

All of the above evidence shows that it is a bit of a problem area though - that group of streets certainly is as this has been going on in a low-levelish way for years now. I certainly know several families who have moved away from that section of Nether Edge because of disruption (one of their children was picked up and dumped in a wheelie bin by a group of them a few years ago and there is always abuse being shouted and things being thrown). It's a real shame as Abbeydale Road is really improving and it's letting everything down.

All of the above evidence shows that it is a bit of a problem area though - that group of streets certainly is as this has been going on in a low-levelish way for years now. I certainly know several families who have moved away from that section of Nether Edge because of disruption (one of their children was picked up and dumped in a wheelie bin by a group of them a few years ago and there is always abuse being shouted and things being thrown). It's a real shame as Abbeydale Road is really improving and it's letting everything down.

It seems as though the Rotherham situation has spread to Sheffield .

These children of immigrants must not be upset at all costs.

The racial discrimination is now being practised against the long established white community while the police and council just look on from a distance.

The racial discrimination is now being practised against the long established white community while the police and council just look on from a distance.

I dont agree it has anything to do with race. If you walk through Parson Cross you see feral youths (white mostly) causing mayhem and destruction same with up Manor. I think its the fact that we are too soft on them generally.

One poster got it right when they said why are we offering youth clubs and youth engagement. Kids should earn these rights. If I did something wrong when I was a kid I was not offered activities. I was denied these activities and quite rightly given a good pasting and I did nothing like what they are doing.

I dont agree it has anything to do with race. If you walk through Parson Cross you see feral youths (white mostly) causing mayhem and destruction same with up Manor. I think its the fact that we are too soft on them generally.

One poster got it right when they said why are we offering youth clubs and youth engagement. Kids should earn these rights. If I did something wrong when I was a kid I was not offered activities. I was denied these activities and quite rightly given a good pasting and I did nothing like what they are doing.

When women are being subjected to being called white bitch as has been pointed out on these threads then it has every thing to do with race.

By ignoring that fact you are falling into the trap that is Rotherham and Dewsbury .

The big problem is that youth activities have to be youth led.

They will go and talk to the youths and ask them what they want. They will of course not speak to the problem youths, just a snap shot of kids who hang out at Broadfield Park.

The answers are always the same - football and cricket. So the Council arrange for a paid activity worker to go to the MUGA once a week.

These youths need to be told what to do, not given the choice. The activities appeal to 8-12 year olds, but not the 13 year olds on quad bikes.

Plus there is a cricket club in Millhouses Park, there are umpteen football clubs. Why don't these kids go to them? The parents can't be bothered or just don't want to.

What has worked well in the past in boxing. Woodseats ABC ran sessions (may still do in Sharrow) and this engaged many 13+ youths. They then had active role models in the club who looked out for them.

did they set a skip on fire the other evening too ?

When women are being subjected to being called white bitch as has been pointed out on these threads then it has every thing to do with race.

By ignoring that fact you are falling into the trap that is Rotherham and Dewsbury.

It is partially to do with race and we shouldn't be frightened to address that - but in my view that is simply a convenient division for tribal/gang organisation.

For one it's an easy divide, but possibly more apt is that by targeting white people they are less likely to accidentally target a third or fourth generation relative who might hold some influence.

Addressing it as SOLELY race, then leads to an increase in the division and then we will see Rotherhams and Dewsburies

I don't think the police are looking on from a distance. There aren't any to look on.