Are you a regular user of the 47/19/252 buses in the morning?

I want to ask those of you who are regular users of these bus services (47/19/252) that pass through Gleadless and Heeley (in the mornings) towards the city and beyond, to comment on your average experience with particular regard to any regular hold ups in traffic and where they occur.

I am hoping to collate information from a variety of sources to present to a meeting with city engineers and councillors.

Thanks in anticipation.

The biggest problem I can see with buses going through there is with parked vehicles when a football match is on at the United ground, but that could easily be solved by putting double yellow lines down.

It is a problem, I got a scratch on the Merc when it was parked outside the sauna.

I want to ask those of you who are regular users of these bus services (47/19/252) that pass through Gleadless and Heeley (in the mornings) towards the city and beyond, to comment on your average experience with particular regard to any regular hold ups in traffic and where they occur.

I am hoping to collate information from a variety of sources to present to a meeting with city engineers and councillors.

Thanks in anticipation.

Re my bold.

It would be most helpful if contributors to this thread took note of the above.

Thank you!

We don't we only give parking spaces for the disabled for football matchers and make the rest be the bus or tram? It's not like they NEED to go

Regular hold ups MON-FRI is coming down Prospect Rd to Myrtle Rd & Queens Rd once past this you can get abit of traffic approaching the end of Shoreham St(47). Then possibly some traffic approaching St Mary's Roundabout. Both 19/252 terminate in City 47 continues to Shiregreen regular hold ups Firshill School can be a nightmare. Firth Park usually not too bad the Shiregreen loop can be slow at School times. Hope this helps.

We don't we only give parking spaces for the disabled for football matchers and make the rest be the bus or tram? It's not like they NEED to go

Can't that be said about 95% of car journeys?

Mon-fri AM

47 queues all the way along Gleadless valley, past newfield green shops.

Then queues down Richards Rd/prospect road all the way to queens road, starts way back up past the school

Then queues along shore ham street, from before the mini round about at the SUFC ground.

Takes an hour to get from 47 terminus to town in a morning!

Always missing/ late never to be seen again. Barnsley road hold ups in a morning and again at prospect.

Thanks for your contributions jamiemini and puddinburner.

What difference do you believe a bus lane on Prospect Road would make to the journey? The lane would have a traffic light at the bottom of Prospect Road which would recognise when a bus approached and give it priority over other traffic.

Thanks for your contributions jamiemini and puddinburner.

Your Welcome :confused: