What's The Ivory bar restaurant like?

Hi there, i'm the head chef at the Ivory and i was just wondering if anyone had been down and tried our new lunch menu yet?

If so i'd like to hear you thoughts please

Good or Bad

We're having some customer comments cards printed soon , but i think the forum is a quick and honest way to hear back from our customers.

Thank you again

The Ivory? Just Off West Street?

I Came Before Xmas It Was Lovely. Not Sure How Long You Been There But The Guy Working On The Bar Did Some Amazing Cocktails. Made My 30th Birthday That Bit More Special.

Yes , thats us.

We've started a couple of new menus and i was looking for some feedack

please

Are you open sunday lunchtime? My friends and I plan to come along if you are. What's the menu? Ta

think you may have had abig booking over the past couple of days for a 30th bday end of mach. will then be able to give you plenty of feed back

Thanks love your look , i'm looking forward to hearing from you.

I'm sorry but we're not open on sundays , i tried it for a little while but the demand just wasn't there.

We are open monday to saturday serving food all day

Come and try us out

thank you

in there last nite, the place is great for food & drink.. but wheres the bar staff?

11 of us left due to waiting

A few of us come in most Saturday afternoons - always great food (love the chips!!!)

I've never been before, but I am taking the wife there tomorrow as part of her birthday 'month'; (it seems to last from the weekend before the actual date until the day before mine :P)

So I'll let you know what we think.

Hi there fozzybronze, just wondering if you made it down to the Ivory? , if so what did you think?

Thanks

Hi McGarry,

To give you a bit of background I had:

the potato cakes followed by the monkfish

And Mrs F had:

the pequillo peppers followed by the goats cheese

Absolutely no complaints about the quality of the food. Excellent....but (there is always a but isn't there :P), the quantities were huge.

I guess that is not normally a complaint you hear, but we were overwhelmed by the portions.

On the plus side, Mrs F did take a doggie bag home that kept her in (delicious) lunches for the next two days.

Its a shame we had no room for sweets.

The atmosphere was excellent. Very relaxed. Cocktails went down well, but the service was a little primative. Perhaps an unfair adjective to throw at you, but (there's that word again) there was poor service. Not because of any ineptitude (sp?) but I think from lack of experience.

I understand the economics. One guy to serve the bar and restaurant on a midweek. It hardly justifies extra staff.

However, it costs nothing to catch eye contact while we wait to be seated, or served and lets us know that we'll be attended to in a minute. I think that a more experienced member of staff may have realised this. If they weren't new, then perhaps they might like to take this thought on board.

Nevertheless, we would not hesitate to go back. We loved it. i hope this post doesn't come across as a negative one, as I have tried to relay as constructive criticism into the post to balance off the fantastic time we had.

And if, as I suspect people only read the first and last line of posts:

Excellent food and atmosphere. We will be back

Thank you very much for your comments and for getting back to us.

I'm sorry if everything wasn't as good as it should have been and your comments will be taken on board.

It's good to hear both sides of the coin both good and bad experiences because this tells us what we are getting right and where we can improve, so again i thank you for you comments.

I hope to see you and your wife again soon.

and Hopefully for dessert he he