What's The Ivory bar restaurant like?

Hello!

Just wondered where "The Ivory" is? I've got a feeling its the top of West Street, near the lounge? Not a 100% though.

Me and my mates are gonna by adventerous and try out some new bars this Friday instead of our traditionals!

Thanks

xx

Walk up the side of the lounge onto the side street and its about half way up.

Make sure you have a cocktail - their martinis are yummy!

Has anyone eaten at the Ivory bar, just up from the new Sinclair's building? I've been for a few swifties but never eaten there. Any thoughts?:D

Has anyone been to the ivory recently. Ive had several excellent meals late last year but a bad one last time.

Just wanting a update as to recent visits and how popular it is of late

I've had lunch here a few times and it's been pretty reasonable.

Never had an evening meal there - this would have been earlier this year.

i went for a meal last week and loved it, fantastic service and loved the drinks.

Has anyone been to the ivory recently. Ive had several excellent meals late last year but a bad one last time.

Just wanting a update as to recent visits and how popular it is of late

Hahaha, so how long have you worked at Ivory for??....

A friend has told me about the Ivory which is just off West Street. Has anyone been there either to eat, drink or both?

What do you think? Is it worth a visit?

Thanks

I like it, does cheap cocktails until 7.

Mmmmm Mohitos

Hahaha, so how long have you worked at Ivory for??....

Hi guys, just want to let you know that Paulsher doesnt work at the ivory, it really disappoints me that whenever puts anything really positive about any venue on the forum they just get accused of working there!!

Cheers,

Ben

Ivory

I think it's because when the Ivory first re-opened someone from there had a bit of a loose keyboard trigger finger and pretty much spammed the forum with Ivory posts.

I'm happy to give a review though. I've been several times to the Ivory and it has a great ambience and generally a nice crowd. The food is reasonable although slightly hit and miss. I've never been for an evening meal though, just the lunch menu. The sandwiches always sound lovely but end up looking disappointing to be honest. The bread could use a little help.

The service always seems to be very slow. I should say the kitchen not the service as the staff themselves have been very nice but it seems to take forever to be served even at lunch.

Overall there is unfortunately nothing special to say about the food but as a lunchtime dining option it's not the worst choice you can make and a nice independent effort in the centre.