Derby vs The Owls

I think United have a few more aspirations (or should that be desperations) than us this season mate ;)

It still doesn't alter the fact that last week an 11 man Wednesday did the same as ten man Blades did today apart from scoring that is.

dobby , you and I predicted a 2 - 2 draw on this one. Had not Westwood got his marching orders we'd have had a correct score maybe.

Talking about correct scores , anyone know anything about Corks fixture predictions ? Since the first week I've not seen anything ,unless I've missed.:) Owl.

Come on down Webbo,4-0 To Derby.

dobby , you and I predicted a 2 - 2 draw on this one. Had not Westwood got his marching orders we'd have had a correct score maybe.

Talking about correct scores , anyone know anything about Corks fixture predictions ? Since the first week I've not seen anything ,unless I've missed.:) Owl.

I think you may have got a bit mixed up with someone else.

Well, at least that was slightly more entertaining. Derby were by far the better side and we were under the cosh for long periods. Will Hughes was excellent as usual and ran the show for them.

Funny chant from today, Derby were singing, We're top of the league, we're top of the league, we're Derby County, we're top of the league. Which got the reply

We don't give a f***, we don't give a f***, we're Sheffield Wednesday, we don't give a f***. Made me chuckle.

Oh, and Nuihu is NOT a footballer. FACT.

Edited by Something

I think you may have got a bit mixed up with someone else.

I did tip 4-0 and said I would take your prediction cb but never tipped 2-2.

I did tip 4-0 and said I would take your prediction cb but never tipped 2-2.

Yes, that's what I'm saying pal.

A lot of doom and gloom around tonight but as I realistically never expected us to get anything today the result is no surprise (although the manner of it was a little disappointing) I think Derby have only lost twice at home and we rarely get anything there.

The Millwall game in mid-week now becomes a must win as I can't see 'Boro losing two weekends on the spin especially with our home form, the Semedo and Loovens injuries are big losses.

If Westwood hadn't brought down the Derby player, the ball ran straight onto Darren Bent who put the ball in the net anyway... so it would've either been Derby 3-2 with 13 minutes left, or the penalty and red card as happened.

Having seen the goals, the surprise was just how easy the two Buxton headers were for equalisers - Loovens must be a bigger loss against sides who are good at set pieces? Good effort though (good free-kick from McGugan despite the shocking barnet), and Keane's finish was controlled and composed (though Grant maybe could've done better).

For whatever reason, Keane looks like he may be a better option than May - even if it's just a confidence in front of goal thing - but time will tell...

---------- Post added 22-02-2015 at 01:03 ----------

A lot of doom and gloom around tonight but as I realistically never expected us to get anything today the result is no surprise (although the manner of it was a little disappointing) I think Derby have only lost twice at home and we rarely get anything there.

The Millwall game in mid-week now becomes a must win as I can't see 'Boro losing two weekends on the spin especially with our home form, the Semedo and Loovens injuries are big losses.

I think when he was signed, that Melo fellow was supposedly of a similar type to Semedo - has he featured yet, and if so does he look any good?

Oh, and Nuihu is NOT a footballer. FACT.

I missed the reporting on the second half, I only just managed to squeeze enough FM power to listen to the whole first half on the Woodhead Pass. What I heard in the first half was encouraging - solid defending, frustrating Derby, hard work. But it started turning around as soon as McLaren came down from the stands and barked instructions at his players. The man is a good coach as he clearly got them set up right for the second half.

Nuhiu has to go, Gray is putting his own position in jeopardy by persisting in playing him. I'd much rather see May play.

All in all, not disappointed, we gave it a bloody good go and lost to the better team. Derby are swimming in talent at the moment and deserve to go up.

Poor defending on two of the goals, harsh sending off(hopefully can get it reduced to yellow but not sure how it works for appeals), just wasn't our day but at least we weren't out classed and gave it a go.

Poor defending on two of the goals, harsh sending off(hopefully can get it reduced to yellow but not sure how it works for appeals), just wasn't our day but at least we weren't out classed and gave it a go.

You've got to be happy with your 2 goals. Psychologically it might lift the burden. Losing 3-2 to them is no disgrace.

Mind you I think Derby are having their dodgy patch. Didn't they draw with Rotherham 3-3?

I said before we'd need 3 goals to win, as it happens that would of only got us a draw. They are in a dodgy patch but it's a dodgy patch I wouldn't mind us having:). most of us knew a win would be tough so I wasn't really concerned about getting nothing, the next few games will be telling though, either pull away or get dragged towards the relegation zone