White Lion, Heeley

Thanks Whitelion, that's great to know! Cheers & wish you all the best with running the pub.

No problem, we're as pleased as you that it's going to be back on again. Introduce yourself when you pop in next, Jon

I know exactly how people feel about short measures it's one of my pet hates.

With a lot of the chains you will find it hard to get a full pint of lager or beer even after a top up.

Soft drinks are even worse with the old fill the glass full of ice trick.

Good luck to the new management here hope you keep a great pub going.

Hi GleadlessLad

No short measures now!

So you have proper oversized lined glasses then?

anyone been in the white lion since the new management ? just wondering what the price of beers are and what they have ? the old one beers were quite expensive ?

anyone been in the white lion since the new management ? just wondering what the price of beers are and what they have ? the old one beers were quite expensive ?

Not been in yet but heard postitive reports from those I know that go for the live music. Similar beer range to before (beers from Abbeydale, Thornbridge, Tetley, Black Sheep and others) but prices reduced slightly.

Hi there

We've been really busy and the feedback has been great so far apart from a technical hiccup (now fixed) on the Jaipur line and also problems with the tills.

Basically the tills are connected to the internet and although we have a new pricing structure we cannot implement it until the broadband is fixed. Very frustrating.

In terms of beer, popular demand from customers has seen the return of Moonshine, Sequoia and Jaipur whilst we have also guested Black Sheep, Blond Witch and Spitfire over the last week with more to come. Other house ales currently include Hobgoblin and the house Lion's Main.

Thanks to everyone who has come down, enjoyed and supported - overwhelming.

ok i tried to phone offering our services for a free gig all we ask is a couple of beers and if you like us rebook us at a later date.i can send some soundclips from our live rehearsals cheers steve

---------- Post added 26-03-2015 at 17:02 ----------

sorry can you send an email thanks

---------- Post added 27-03-2015 at 18:49 ----------

hi have you got a email so i can send some sound clips cheers

not been there for years lol

The White Lion is usually worth a visit - heritage interior and good beer range, often live music or a quiz on at night.

Now part of the 'Heeley pub triangle' formed by the Sheaf View, Brothers Arms and White Lion.