White Lion, Heeley

One of my fav pubs in Sheffield, its one of those pubs which looks much better inside than on the outside.

All the best to the new owners and looking forward to see which ales you have on.

Are you buying the pub or taking a lease from a pubco?

White Lion is a Punch Taverns lease.

Yes it's an amazing pub with lots old original features, please don't ruin it's character new owners like what happened the old crown inn london road ? Best of luck with it :-)

Hi Roger

You can rest assured it'll be keeping it's traditional feel - that's why we like it so much.

Cheers, Jon

Edited by whitelion

Good luck with the pub. Hope it's a success but always worry when it's a Punch or Enterprise pub that the restrictions and costs passed on the landlord make it very difficult to make a success of it.

Apparently the Brothers is still a tenanted Punch Tavern though (I thought it was a freehouse) so they've shown it's possible to make a good go of it!

Hopefully it stays dog friendly and yep the music is perhaps diversified a bit. In the end the rock cover bands playing at 300db and the expensive beer and poor service stopped us going in.

Hi Daniel

Definitely dog friendly and all the rest to be rectified! We'll be closed Mon and Tues to get everything shipshape and then back open from Wednesday onwards, hope you pop in and introduce yourself.

Thanks, Jon

Good luck with it. Always a pub I've liked going in although I am one of those that went for the loud groups and their rock covers!

The White Lion is a listed building , been in a few times took a few photos a few years back its really nice with original tile work and woodwork a real gem .

Met with Jon the other day re The White Lion supporting the Farm amongst others and they seem very enthusiastic and keen to make it a community pub. I really hope they make a go of it as it's a great little pub and they seem like a nice couple.

Good luck with it. Always a pub I've liked going in although I am one of those that went for the loud groups and their rock covers!

You'll be well catered for in that regard, you have my word.

Met with Jon the other day re The White Lion supporting the Farm amongst others and they seem very enthusiastic and keen to make it a community pub. I really hope they make a go of it as it's a great little pub and they seem like a nice couple.

Thank you, that's very nice of you to say. Yes, we're from the area and are keen to make it somewhere that represents the local interests. We really want to support local charities, groups, concerns and small businesses in Heeley and Meersbrook - if something you do fits this bill then please do get in touch as we would like the facilities we have available to promote your activites and get the word out to the area.

You'll be well catered for in that regard, you have my word.

Thank you, that's very nice of you to say. Yes, we're from the area and are keen to make it somewhere that represents the local interests. We really want to support local charities, groups, concerns and small businesses in Heeley and Meersbrook - if something you do fits this bill then please do get in touch as we would like the facilities we have available to promote your activites and get the word out to the area.

The quicker you take over the less damage will be done. I was in the pub last week. A guy at the bar ordered a pint of Hobgoblin. It was served in a brim measure handle mug with fully an inch and a half of head. The customer looked in disbelief as it was handed over. He asked for a top up. The bar man made a slight tug on the pump. The level didn't change. The guy asked for another top up but the barman insisted on serving some else first. After a 2nd to up the level was still well over an inch and a quarter short. The customer shrugged his shoulders as he reluctantly walked off with 3/4 pint for which he'd paid £3.20. I doubt he will be back.