No takers for a free wedding film?

Hello

I recently posted the following on Facebook and had 34 shares, but no takers as yet.

Here is the post:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am starting a business, part of which will involve making wedding documentaries/films. As a one off promotional offer, I am offering one couple a free film of their wedding. The wedding needs to take place by the end of April 2015, ideally in the South Yorkshire area.

If you are interested or know somebody who is, please message me with your details and I will get back to you with more information.

Please feel free to share this or pass it on.

Thanks you

Lee

SC films Ltd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone here is getting married in the time frame mentioned I am genuinely offering a free film, that would include:

Interviews with family and friends before wedding.

Filming some prep on day of wedding with bride and/or groom.

Filming at service itself

filming up to first dance.

What you will get is a documentary style film with interviews about the couple, a little bit of preparation and getting ready on the big day, two cameras in the church to get some coverage and some filming at the reception. The final product will be personal and something people will want to watch over and over again and, your friends and family will really want to watch it (and not just watch it because it is the polite thing to do).

Why is it free? Two reasons- this is a new business and while I have other footage I have filmed and edited etc I have no wedding footage to show prospective clients. secondly I will be doing one or two each year for no cost as I believe in trying to give something back and though it is a small thing to do, it nevertheless is my way of giving something back.

Ok ramble over. Do you know anyone who may be interested? Are you interested?

message me on here or Lee Cambell on facebook.

regards

Fishcake aka Lee

Whilst it's a nice idea- I know that many couple in their twenties, myself included, simply cannot afford to get married these days.

I think the problem you have in regards to your kind offer may be the timescale. If people want a church wedding, bands need to be called a certain time in advance.

Also a lot of churches do not like people filming or taking photographs during the service.

Good luck with it :)

Thanks Nico. I was hoping to get someone who maybe couldn't afford to hire someone to film who had already got everything booked. Loads of people have said they are getting married in August, September etc. I know the timescale is tight but as I say if someone already has everything else in place, this would be a nice free addition to their wedding. As someone who has been married before and is getting married again, I know it is stupidly expensive, which is why I will carry on doing some freebies each year.

cheers

Lee

---------- Post added 18-02-2015 at 14:00 ----------

Nico - Most churches will let you film for an additional cost which is no more than double figures. My idea is that the ceremony part is only a small part and would not film the entire ceremony in full, unless asked to do so by the couple.

When I got married I was allowed to film the ceremony for an extra £65 - something about buying a creative commons licence for the organist music. I was mortified, I didn't pay it, but mum got her camcorder out and filmed it all despite being told not to!

I run a Sheffield wedding group on Facebook, I'll advertise your kind offer in there for you. I think if you were to extend your offer you'd stand more chance. March and April are not as popular as the spring and summer months. We only have one April wedding but 6 in May?

Edited by Mylo_Photo

Mylo

Thanks for that. If I cannot get anything then I will push the dates. I am away from beginning of may to 18th (annual holiday booked last year). But yes I appreciate the timescale being difficult. I am definitely open to changing it as the deadline approaches. Thank you for the support.

regards

Lee

Wish it was next April :( what a lovely thing to do x

My niece is getting married in March, but its not a church wedding?

I'm getting married in July if that helps??

---------- Post added 23-02-2015 at 12:04 ----------

I would also be willing to pay xx