Serious assault on nurse at NGH

I have to say when Cliff came to the billy graham crusades his security was so tight You couldnt get any where near him at any time ! He was driven awZy after by his team , he didn't stay overnight in Sheffield ! I know it was 30 years ago but I remember the evening well as my friends and I did admin for that evening .

I have to say when Cliff came to the billy graham crusades his security was so tight You couldnt get any where near him at any time ! He was driven awZy after by his team , he didn't stay overnight in Sheffield ! I know it was 30 years ago but I remember the evening well as my friends and I did admin for that evening .

Eh ?

Think you got the wrong thread mate.

Edited by Daven

Last night a ward at the NGH was besieged by over 30 members of a local 'travelling' family who were upset about something and were causing disruption and damage to the ward.

The police had to be called.

The nurses on that ward dealt with it the best way they could and continued to give excellent care to all the other patients on the ward.

This sort of situation is having to be dealt with on a daily basis by men and women who have trained to care for the sick and shouldn't be put in a situation of aggression and fear in their working environment. I feel strongly that the general public should be kept informed of the constant, unrelenting pressures that nurses have to face every day of their working lives.

Well done to the staff involved.

Upset about what? And are you sure there were over 30 people attacking the ward?

When did besieged become attacked ? And yes there was approx 30 people milling around in a menacing manner. And today there were even more of the same people outside the mortuary and one woman in the main Huntsman entrance saying she was the daughter of the deceased woman and was screaming that the hospital had killed her mom.

There is a fair degree of defensiveness evident about last nights besieging of a ward. I wonder what the full story is?

What ever the full story is surely it doesn't warrant the damage that they caused and the foul and abusive language aimed at the staff

What ever the full story is surely it doesn't warrant the damage that they caused and the foul and abusive language aimed at the staff

And very clearly demonstrates the 'difficulties' that nurses have to deal with on a day-to-day basis. If nurses just had to 'nurse' - the job they trained to do - they would have more time for hands on nursing their patients.