Rotherham can become a beacon of Muslim Hope

2. I don't know and wouldn't presume to suggest how to motivate the Muslim community. You tell me?

I've no idea, but then I'm not demanding any action from them or anyone else.

Evenin all :)

Good to see there IS actually some activism about - just have to go digging for it...

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/rotherham-can-become-a-beacon-of-muslim-hope-1-6930332

“As someone of Pakistani Muslim heritage, I want to state in no uncertain terms that the practice of child sexual exploitation and ‘grooming’ is not something that our culture or religion encourages or condones. It is completely unacceptable. What they have done is horrific, disgusting and makes me physically sick. My thoughts and prayers go out to the 1,400 or more victims in this terrible affair. I pray that the perpetrators get the punishment they deserve"

“The perpetrators do not represent our community. They are criminals, generally drug users and dealers, who have complete disregard for the law and prey on the vulnerable in society”

“The Asian community are clearly saying ‘we want results, we want arrests, we want people charged, because everybody is getting tarred with the same brush. The people that used the excuse of ethnic origin not to prosecute should be held to account. This is absolutely outrageous"

"We Muslims have acted upon that and we Muslims, Imams, have unreservedly and unequivocally condemned such despicable acts taking place in our community and we have taken this duty upon ourselves to make sure that we do not let even one person fall through the net any more in this society"

NOW we're talking! :nod:

Love

As Always

Sol

:)

So will your community be shopping the perpetrators anytime soon?

I'm in no position to 'demand' anything of anyone. Your word not mine.

But, to my mind, it is incumbent upon those who are position to lead to offer a way forward. Not that anyone has suggested anything in the way of positive action.

Neither am I proposing that 'Rotherham can become a beacon of Muslim Hope'.

Those that have, gave no evidence to support the suggestion.

I am pointing out that all this negativity is doing no-one any good.

AND

'fine words butter no parsnips' - words that trash everyone 'butter' even less.

So will your community be shopping the perpetrators anytime soon?

You are assuming all those of Asian Muslim background in Rotherham had full knowledge of who the perpetrators were. I would suspect that many in their own family did not even know let alone the community at large.

Those who have full knowledge are most likely to be in the immediate circle of friends of the offenders.

---------- Post added 22-02-2015 at 22:29 ----------

Evenin all :)

Good to see there IS actually some activism about - just have to go digging for it...

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/rotherham-can-become-a-beacon-of-muslim-hope-1-6930332

“As someone of Pakistani Muslim heritage, I want to state in no uncertain terms that the practice of child sexual exploitation and ‘grooming’ is not something that our culture or religion encourages or condones. It is completely unacceptable. What they have done is horrific, disgusting and makes me physically sick. My thoughts and prayers go out to the 1,400 or more victims in this terrible affair. I pray that the perpetrators get the punishment they deserve"

“The perpetrators do not represent our community. They are criminals, generally drug users and dealers, who have complete disregard for the law and prey on the vulnerable in society”

“The Asian community are clearly saying ‘we want results, we want arrests, we want people charged, because everybody is getting tarred with the same brush. The people that used the excuse of ethnic origin not to prosecute should be held to account. This is absolutely outrageous"

"We Muslims have acted upon that and we Muslims, Imams, have unreservedly and unequivocally condemned such despicable acts taking place in our community and we have taken this duty upon ourselves to make sure that we do not let even one person fall through the net any more in this society"

NOW we're talking! :nod:

Love

As Always

Sol

:)

The most important point has been missed out. The offences actually had nothing to do with Islam or Pakistani culture.

You are assuming all those of Asian Muslim background in Rotherham had full knowledge of who the perpetrators were. I would suspect that many in their own family did not even know let alone the community at large.

Those who have full knowledge are most likely to be in the immediate circle of friends of the offenders.

So perfectly able to turn them in then. Grooming 1400 girls takes a lot of man power. We aren't talking about half a dozen offenders here.

The most important point has been missed out. The offences actually had nothing to do with Islam or Pakistani culture.

How do you come to that last conclusion?

How do you come to that last conclusion?

Because child abuse isn't defined by a set criteria other than underage sex abuse. If it was we'd have no sex abuse other than Islamic Pakistani's messing with kids. I'm also assuming Bounces conclusion is based on Pakistani culture doesn't include sexual assaulting children in the same way ours doesn't. Sex abuse isn't defined by culture, otherwise ALL cultures are guilty, even ours.

Edited by ronthenekred

Please do tell, who were they then ?

Because child abuse isn't defined by a set criteria other than underage sex abuse. If it was we'd have no sex abuse other than Islamic Pakistani's messing with kids. I'm also assuming Bounces conclusion is based on Pakistani culture doesn't include sexual assaulting children in the same way ours doesn't. Sex abuse isn't defined by culture, otherwise ALL cultures are guilty, even ours.

Think you're rather missing the point here Ron. The thread is about Rotherham and the fact that 1400 young white girls were targeted and groomed for sexual exploitation by mainly Muslim Pakistani men. The op thinks/question? that Rotherham can become a beacon of Muslim hope.

Edited by astrols

anyone else read the title as... Rotherham can become a bacon of Muslim Hope...... :hihi:

not helpful I know but nevermind!

I hope not the sooner this outdated ideology dies out the better. Everytime someone mentions anything about crimes in the news especially isis there is always the caveat 'this has nothing to do with religion or muslims go off on a tangent avoiding the issue'. All these crimes have everything to do with religion, these people just interpret the fabulous unambiguous word of god differently. To a significant number of muslims (and it is significant) they consider us inferior and not innocent and thereby they can do what they want I know the majority will be good people but Religious interpretation is the root cause of all these evils. Muslims just wash their hands of it and say our book is all about good, murder paedophilia says not. The point is the good interpretation has no divine right and basically implies the books are no more the word of an all seeing all knowing god than father christmas exists. I do not want to get into religious debate because if you could reason with religious people there would be no religious people.

Think you're rather missing the point here Ron. The thread is about Rotherham and the fact that 1400 young white girls were targeted and groomed for sexual exploitation by mainly Muslim Pakistani men. The op thinks/question? that Rotherham can become a beacon of Muslim hope.

No I didn't, I picked up on the specific (last point) you required, not the overall basis of the thread.