Sign in to follow this  

Getting a link!

ok, so call me stupid, but my question is : how , when posting something, like my desktop pic, can i change the whole"http://img.animeotaku.info/desktop_002.jpg" to something simple like the words "my desktop", have seen it a hundred times on other peoples posts, ie "story here", which is a link to the story.

since the new upgrade, i haven't been able to figure it out. its doing my head in!

i know it had something to to with vB codes or something??

:help: :help:

Try this link to the feedback forum: Link to feedback forum

You need to be in advanced reply to get the globe referred to.

just click on the insert hyper link button and the put the url in and the in the message box it will have the url twice. Then you just need to remove the second url a put what you want it to say

E.G.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk

delete the second URL leaving the ] and [ brackets and then put the text you want in bettwen these brackets :thumbsup:

just use the old 'post reply' button to get you to the right place Jon, not the 'quick reply' panel :thumbsup:

then it's the picture of the globe you need to click.

The unfamiliar bit is that it splats the address in place on your message sooner, highlighting the address it has duplicated. Don't press anything!!! just start typing what you want your smart link to say and it will replace the text in the right place :thumbsup:

yeah, but am so confused!!!

before the upgrade, you put in the link, then a 2nd box came up to type in your own words. where's that gone??:huh:

(told you i was dumb!!):hihi::rolleyes:

See my edited post Jon - sorry about the delay :blush: