Nearest nice seaside/beach?

Filey is lovely. Its one of the very few seaside destinations that have retained its charm, and hasn't sold out to bring in dozens of noisy arcades, poor quality chippies and cheapo ice cream. I went the other day for the first time and I was so surprised about how quaint and clean it was.

Filey is lovely. Its one of the very few seaside destinations that have retained its charm, and hasn't sold out to bring in dozens of noisy arcades, poor quality chippies and cheapo ice cream. I went the other day for the first time and I was so surprised about how quaint and clean it was.

Filey gets my vote every time. Just don't tell everyone how nice it is, we don't want everyone going!

We ended up at Mablethorpe which was a bit of a mixed bag so headed down to Sandilands for a little while which was much more up our street. Plenty of space on the beach, nice people and no chavs in sight.

We always holiday abroad but fancied checking out what our shores were like for a day out and was quite surprised how nice it was.

Thanks for the other recommendations - maybe next time?

Bridlington South Beach gets my vote ...( follow Park 'n' ride signs ..)

.Love that part o' t'Yorkshire Coast ..

Had many holidays there over t'years ..so much that i bought a Static Caravan there 4 Years ago ..

Spend around 100 nights there between March -Dec : :):thumbsup:

Without sounding like a snob - can anyone recommend any slightly more upmarket seaside resorts between say Scarborough and Skegness on the east coast I.e. reasonable driving distance from Sheffield?

Thanks

Try Whitby.it's a lovely place.

Try Whitby.it's a lovely place.

It is, but it's not between Scarb and Skeg.

It is, but it's not between Scarb and Skeg.

Just a suggestion , still a decent place and not far from Scarborough.