Nearest nice seaside/beach?

Does the old guy in the madgemobile still around,can't remember his name,something like lush.

Sorry I thought you was on about the coast then.

I haven't been in the bottom of the lane very much lately so I don't know pal.

Edited by trav4

Try Runswick bay.

Nice beach, pub, cafe.

dogs welcome all year

Plenty of accommodation

Brilliant for a couple of days but boring for kids about 5 up unless you drive down to Sands end or Whitby (5 & 7 miles)

Nearest place is probably Cleethorpes.....BUT...and it's a huge BUT....the sea isn't always there!

If anyone is planning to go...look at a site called Tides4Fishing. Pick Grimsby - and it will give you all all the high tide and low tide times.

I was well disappointed at Cleethorpes before I realised that when the tide goes out you get no water at all. :D

Looking through the thread makes me wonder if Sheffield is further away from the coast than any other English City.

Looking through the thread makes me wonder if Sheffield is further away from the coast than any other English City.

I think we are almost equidistant north- south and east-west.

---------- Post added 17-02-2015 at 20:07 ----------

further research says that Lichfield, at 84 miles from the sea, is the furthest place from the sea

Lichfield -Tamworth area is the dead centre of England, that is why they built The National Arboretum there.

I think it possibly is, yes. Maybe even in Britain?

No, it's not Sheffield. But where it is isn't clear. Birmingham might be the furthest *city*.

http://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2012/apr/25/british-town-furthest-from-sea

Ordnance Survey say it's this place:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/3090539.stm

Edited by Dannyno

thanks guys,was hoping there would be somewhere a bit nearer, ah well! really wanted just a quiet beach, not a populat pier, are there any smaller ones you can suggest?

Isit nudest beach :0 haa

I was always led to believe Ashby de a Zouch was the furthest point from the sea.

A very pleasant beach is Crosby, which I know is North Liverpool (!), but when the tide is out there are miles of clean sand, and also Anthony Gormley's statues. Great for dogs. But no arcades.

Timewise probably a few minutes longer than the Lincolnshire coast, but worth the trip. 20 mins from the M62.

+1 to the beaches north of Crosby. Miles and miles of dunes too all the way past Formby up to Southport, which is a lovely seaside (when the sea comes in) town.